Discussion Board

Qt Mobility 1.2 connectivity

I have downloaded Qt mobility 1.2 and configured it
    While building the btchat example in it.
    I m getting the following errors..
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x90f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceC1EP7QObject'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x91f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDevice4nameEv'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x946): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb5f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceC1EP7QObject'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb6f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDevice4nameEv'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb96): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xbcb): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xc8a): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility14QBluetoothUuidC1ERK7QString'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xc9f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility14QBluetoothUuidD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/remoteselector.o:remoteselector.cpp: (.text+0x2c1): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility31QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent5startENS0_13iscoveryModeE'

Have i missed anything in the configuration???
    please help me to solve the errors..

Re: Qt Mobility 1.2 connectivity

In Qt Mobility 1.2

while building systemInfo project gives following errors :
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'QFlags<QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::KeyboardType> QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::keyboardType()':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:522: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'keyboardType'
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'bool QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::isWirelessKeyboardConnected()':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:534: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'isWirelessKeyboardConnected'
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'bool QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::isKeyboardFlipOpen()':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:546: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'isKeyboardFlipOpen'
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'bool QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::keypadLightOn(QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::keypadType)':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:558: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'keypadLightOn'
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'QUuid QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::hostId()':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:573: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'hostId'
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp: In member function 'QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::LockType QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfo::lockStatus()':
    qsystemdeviceinfo.cpp:584: error: 'class QtMobility::QSystemDeviceInfoPrivate' has no member named 'lockStatus'

This means that QSystemdeviceInfo class is updated in Qt Mobility 1.2 but QSystemDeciceInfoPrivate class is not updated accordingly..
    why is it so????
    anybody facing the same problem?

How to build QSystemInfo project ?

Thanks ...

Super Contributor

You are missing Qt mobility header and library in your SDK. Are you using QtSDK 1.1 or Symbian^3 SDK?

I am using QtSDK 1.0.2, which provide Qt mobility 1.1
    I want to use Qt Mobility 1.2 for bluetooth services.
    I have downloaded it from
    http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/12/24/...ology-preview/
    and trying to configure it.

can u tell me which Qt mobility header and library is missing..

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Have you used ?
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += systeminfo

For bluetooth you have to change or add MOBILITY += connectivity

If you have checked these and still getting the error then probably porting error mibility 1.2 to QTSDK

This project is from src of Qt Mobility 1.2
    While configuration after running configure command successfully,
    when i run mingw32 -make it will give the following errors:

../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x90f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceC1EP7QObject'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x91f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDevice4nameEv'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0x946): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb5f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceC1EP7QObject'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb6f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDevice4nameEv'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xb96): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xbcb): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility21QBluetoothLocalDeviceD1Ev'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xc8a): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility14QBluetoothUuidC1ERK7QString'
    ../../build/Release/btchat/chat.o:chat.cpp: (.text+0xc9f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN10QtMobility14QBluetoothUuidD1Ev'

can u tell me how to configure it??
    or how to use qt mobility 1.2 with QtSDK...

Thanks

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Ok, now I got it what you are trying to do. You can't use Qt mobility 1.2 with QtSDK for example 1.1 (where we have Qt mobility 1.1)

It is very difficult to make it working in that way.
    One option could be use Carbide C++ and Symbian^3 SDK and there you can use the SDK plugin for Qt mobility 1.2 (but I again heard there are some BT related stuff and one NFC header files are missing there).

Mahbub
    Forum Nokia

I want to bluetooth services for symbian devices.
    How can i do this with QtSDK?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Like I mentioned, it is difficult with QtSDK version 1.1
    One thing you could do
    Download the new plugin from http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ian_3_SDK.html
    and install it to for Symbian SDK

And from Symbian SDK you copy all the needed files to QtSDK 1.1 (should put under epoc32 folder)
    I don't see any other way now, Does anybody know other tips, please post here

I got the QBluetooth_lib on
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...etooth_library

I have developed the
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...etooth_library

but this example on device giving "required application access not granted" error
    Can u help me..??

Thanks..

Super Contributor

Check that your certificate can be used to sign all capabilities needed by your application?

I am using self signed certificate.
    with all tha capabilities LocalServices \
    NetworkServices \
    ReadUserData \
    UserEnvironment \
    WriteUserData

Is it not sufficient to use self signed certificate?

Thanks..

Super Contributor

Hi,

I think this will help you on some extent.

https://projects.forum.nokia.com/QtM12bSymb
    There is sis file for Qt 1.2 and also if you configure it you can build app by using BT and NFC