×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Unhappy j2me: play video on mobile

    Hi,

    when i try to play video from mobile "offline" it is give me out of memory exception, when i install it on mobile it does not work.

    and when i try to stream it from the internet it is work on emulator, in mobile it does not give any result.

    what is the solution, if there is working example, project or any useful feedback.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    376

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedbarqawi View Post
    Hi,

    when i try to play video from mobile "offline" it is give me out of memory exception, when i install it on mobile it does not work.

    and when i try to stream it from the internet it is work on emulator, in mobile it does not give any result.

    what is the solution, if there is working example, project or any useful feedback.
    It is not opening because you are trying to open file of larger size ,and for internet it takes time to load the content put one textfield in you form and update it as operations goes out , you will find where error actually occurs

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    ok what is the solution if i want to play video from mobile ... i think avarage video size is 3 - 8 mb ... this size is normal for a video.

    what do you suggest.

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Thumbs up Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedbarqawi View Post
    ok what is the solution if i want to play video from mobile ... i think avarage video size is 3 - 8 mb ... this size is normal for a video.

    what do you suggest.
    Welcome to the Forum Nokia Di Bo,

    1. You can invoke the native Media Player of the device to play the video from your application, this can be done using the platformRequest(String URL _to_Video ).

    2. You can use the MMAPI, JSR 135, to play the media files using the Player class of Jave ME.

    What exactly your need is?
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Nokia Di Bo,

    1. You can invoke the native Media Player of the device to play the video from your application, this can be done using the platformRequest(String URL _to_Video ).

    2. You can use the MMAPI, JSR 135, to play the media files using the Player class of Jave ME.

    What exactly your need is?
    Hi,

    thnaks for help

    i want to develop app to play some videos that come with the application.
    but its always telling me out of memory exception ...

    i am using java media API

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedbarqawi View Post
    Hi,

    thnaks for help

    i want to develop app to play some videos that come with the application.
    but its always telling me out of memory exception ...

    i am using java media API
    You mean that the videos are there inside the jar files?
    Which device are you testing the app?
    is it giving the same exception on every video or on some specific ones?
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    You mean that the videos are there inside the jar files?
    Which device are you testing the app?
    is it giving the same exception on every video or on some specific ones?
    in the emulator it is give out of memory exception.

    but when i install it to mobile it is give me illegal argument exception.
    input stream is null .

    and app crash.

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedbarqawi View Post
    in the emulator it is give out of memory exception.

    but when i install it to mobile it is give me illegal argument exception.
    input stream is null .

    and app crash.
    Answer these questions:

    1. You mean that the videos are there inside the jar files?
    2. Which device are you testing the app?
    3. is it giving the same exception on every video or on some specific ones?
    4. If the videos are there inside the JAR file, then how many in number?
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Post Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Answer these questions:

    1. You mean that the videos are there inside the jar files?
    2. Which device are you testing the app?
    3. is it giving the same exception on every video or on some specific ones?
    4. If the videos are there inside the JAR file, then how many in number?

    1- yes video in jar
    2- e series device
    3- all videos
    4- i want to put 6 videos

    can you give me your email to send to you 2 projects:
    1- play video offline : work on emulator but does not work on device
    2- play video online: work on emulator but does not work on device

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: j2me: play video on mobile

    Try to test the app with the 1 or 2 videos. Please check the extension of the video extension is supported by the device.
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Similar Threads

  1. video play in a mobile(urgent)
    By sebastianviyola in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-08-18, 12:38
  2. Play Video...Unsupported Video Mobile
    By ansh.chauhan in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-11-24, 04:23
  3. How to play video on sun emulator in J2ME
    By ajay9331 in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-10-28, 16:07
  4. Is it possible to play video on J2ME?
    By chizuoka in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-04-23, 04:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×