Discussion Board

Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: HelloMidlet: com/sun/lwuit/events/

Hi all,'

I am try to use lwuit in my application ,and am using IDE is eclipse .i did one sample applicarion when i run the application i got the "Application error",(i.e) No class def found error java/lang/noclassdefFounerror com/sun/lwuit/events/Actionlistionr..Am already post regarding this ,and also i got reply but till am not solved my problem..So anyone help me please ..And am add lwuit.jar in build path..

Thanks,
    murugan.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: HelloMidlet: com/sun/lwuit/eve

Add the LWUIT jar in dependent library list in eclispe.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Re: Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: HelloMidlet: com/sun/lwuit/eve

ya am added LWUIT.jar in eclipse library only ..Then also am facing the problem" Application error" Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/lwuit/layouts/Layout. Please help me on this Am struggling many days ...

thanks,
    murugan.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by murugacse4 View Post
    am facing the problem" Application error" Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/lwuit/layouts/Layout.
    In Eclipse, You have to download "Mobile tools for java" instead of "EclipseME". Its named as to create project as "Java ME" not "j2me". and follow the instruction of adding lwuit.jar file.

and another option is Download Eclipse Pulsar for Mobile Development. It provides you easy installation of third party GUI.

Super Contributor

Just adding the direct link: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/pac...ers/galileosr1

br Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Super Contributor

ya am added LWUIT.jar in eclipse library only ..Then also am facing the problem" Application error" Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/lwuit/layouts/Layout. Please help me on this Am struggling many days ...

thanks,
    murugan.
    When you are opening the project in Eclipse IDE, then are you getting the error about only the Layout or rest of the other classes too. Check the build path of the project and try to configure the same. Cleaning and refreshing the project is also very helpful.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Hi all,
    This is one of the most frequent error we come across in eclipse.
    1) Pl note ,cleaning the workspace while the nokia/wtk emulator is still running will not work some times, so make sure the device emulators are completely closed while you clean your workspace.
    2) If you are using multiple projects/external jar file libraries, check the order and export in the java build path, this worked for me a couple of times.

thanks,
    murugan.
    Right Click the properties of the project -> go the java build path -> go to the Order and Export tab - > select the lib added - > checkin the lib
    This solves your problem . Or directly include the lib in your build properties file.
    Regards,
    Venkatesh

I downloaded Eclipse pulsar also and tried it. I can run all other projects but when I am trying to run project containing LWUIT then it gives an error. And when I check in LWUIT Library ten also I got an error.

Thanks,
    Riddhi

Unhappy Re: Uncaught exception java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: HelloMidlet: com/sun/lwuit/eve

@murugan ( murugacse4).. I have same problem. Do you get any solution for this?? Please Help.

Thanks,
    Riddhi

Nokia Developer Moderator

Do you actually have LWUIT? Example projects using LWUIT do not actually contain it. It is hosted here: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/LWUIT_for_Series_40
    (Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java comes with LWUIT built-in, but you have not mentioned the SDK you are using)

Generally for Layouts and colors we use LWUIT. With LWUIT you can create Java applications that have a richer user interface including transitions and animations. I have LWUIT.jar file. I used it in Net Beans and I can run Projects perfectly fine with LWUIT. But In Eclipse I can not use LWUIT . It gives Preverification Error. I used sun java wireless toolkit for devices.