Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

problem using publisher ID

Hi All,

I have troubles to use the Symbian Publisher ID Certificate. My colleague have installed the certificate onto his Macbook through Safari.

Then he export the certificate as *.p12 file. I then use TC-ConvertP12 tool to extract .key and .cer files from it.

However, after I used those files to generate certificate request file(.csr) , I went to the open signed section on the symbiansigned website and submitted it, I have got the following error message:

"Your Open Signed Offline request has failed.
    There are several reasons why this may have happened:
    1. You did not use a Publisher ID to create the .csr file for this request
    2. Your Publisher ID was issued within the last 24 hours, please wait until 24 hours after the Publisher ID was issued before requesting
    3. Your Publisher ID is in a format that is not compatible,
    see this posting for more information. "

What could be wrong with this process? What is the correct way of exporting the publisher ID certificate from Mac OS and the way of generating .key file and .cer file? Thanks in advance.

Yunan

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: problem using publisher ID

For me, the Safari on Mac seems to be the fearful part. Was it your colleague or your boss? In the former case I would let it be his own problem to solve.

A thing you can try is signing something with this Publisher ID, just to see if signsis accepts it, and if the output of signsis -o resembles the one on http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_Signed) (step 6)

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    For me, the Safari on Mac seems to be the fearful part. Was it your colleague or your boss? In the former case I would let it be his own problem to solve.

A thing you can try is signing something with this Publisher ID, just to see if signsis accepts it, and if the output of signsis -o resembles the one on http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_Signed) (step 6)
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried to sign a sis file with this publisher ID. It is ok and shows the correct information.
    My colleague is my boss, so I have to solve this problem. any other suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by yzheng View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried to sign a sis file with this publisher ID. It is ok and shows the correct information.
    That is a good sign at least.
    "Your Open Signed Offline request has failed.
    There are several reasons why this may have happened:
    1. You did not use a Publisher ID to create the .csr file for this request
    2. Your Publisher ID was issued within the last 24 hours, please wait until 24 hours after the Publisher ID was issued before requesting
    3. Your Publisher ID is in a format that is not compatible,
    see this posting for more information. "
    I assume "1." does not play. But what about the others? Have 24 hours passed? Is there any additional information?

That is a good sign at least.I assume "1." does not play. But what about the others? Have 24 hours passed? Is there any additional information?
    We got the certificate last Friday. So, No.2 is not the case. not sure about No.3, how can I know whether it is compatible or not?

Can anyone help me on this? It is quite urgent.

Thanks

When export p12 file from Keychain on Mac OS, should we export from the certificate or from the key?

Probably the certificate, but I do not know, I have no experience with Mac and/or Safari.

I found this description:
    "For MAC Safari:
    open Finder and go to Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access
    double click on Keychain to open it
    on the left, click on Certificates
    highlight the certificate to export and open File -> Export
    choose an appropriate filename"

Probably the certificate, but I do not know, I have no experience with Mac and/or Safari.

I found this description:
    "For MAC Safari:
    open Finder and go to Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access
    double click on Keychain to open it
    on the left, click on Certificates
    highlight the certificate to export and open File -> Export
    choose an appropriate filename"
    Yes, we found this as well and did the same as it says. After I got the p12 file, I used tcp12p8.bat to extract .key and .cer files. Then I generate certificate request file (.csr) from them.

I have tried several times now and still no luck.

Is there any other place I can go and ask this question? any support email address?

Is there any other place I can go and ask this question? any support email address?
    Try sending an email to symbian.signed@nokia.com, including the generated *.csr file.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Try sending an email to symbian.signed@nokia.com, including the generated *.csr file.
    thanks Itomuta.

I have sent an email to symbian.signed@nokia.com. But I have not got any reply yet. Does anyone know any phone number I can call to get help? Thanks

got this reply from symbian signed. Does anyone know when this is coming? I really need get the application signed and release to our client.

"Hello,

The time has come to renew the Symbian Signed service from down to top. The web service has been totally rewritten and the design of the UI has been improved to make it easier for you to manage your content in Symbian Signed. The current estimate for the new service to be launched is in June 2011.

Here are the main changes:

- Whole new UI to make it easier for you to manage your applications, UIDs, devices and development certificates
    - Account verification based on Publisher ID. One account per Publisher ID. This brings everything under the same umbrella and it's easier for you to find all your content
    - No more need to install separate tool to your PC or use your Publisher ID with the development certificate creation. Just download your cer and key pair from the portal and you're good to go.

More detailed information can be found soon from Symbian Signed Wiki.

Best regards,
    SymbianSigned.com"

This is not a reply to your question, it is an announcement. Every user received it ~1.5-2 hours ago.