Discussion Board

Qt Quick and databases

Hi all,

I am developping a linux desktop application for my fraternity's barsales. I would really like to do this using Qt Quick because of the awesome UI possibilities and rapid development. I was wondering if there is an easy way to connect the UI to a (preferably MySQL) database so we can track things like sales etcetera from a backend. Is there any way to do this within Qt Quick? I think SQlite is not really a good option for this job because of security and limitation of options.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Qt C++. But I think I would be able to create some sort of plugin so I can acces Qt's database features from QML/Javascript, but it'll be to hard for me to do all the hard stuff in standard Qt because of the timeframe within it has to be written. I do have enough experience to create this in Java, but only as a last resort since creating a good interface in Java is impossible with swing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Qt Quick and databases

Hello Seikeau

QML has some thing known as offline storage API which i guess you can use please consider thishttp://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qdeclarativeglobalobject.html to move forward.

Otherwise if you need something more matured you need to write your own QML Plugin in Qt C++, difficult but better option.

Regards,