Discussion Board

How to change the default icons on Nokia N8?

Hello Everybody! I'm new in the forum so I didn't know where to create this topic at but never mind. My Question is; is it possible to change the default icons of the Nokia N8?

It's really annoying to see those default icons AND how can we change the color of the application text background?

Thanks!

Re: How to change the default icons on Nokia N8?

Welcome to the Forum NOKIA's Developer Discussion Board.
    This is not the DIBO where end user related query's are discussed.

So.,It's better you can post in below link.
    You can post your query here : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

and anyways icons can be changed by using themes same for text color,there are plenty of sites which provide theme download if you want to create download carbide.ui from tools and sdk

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can design skins/themes for your device, https://www.forum.nokia.com/Design/Themes.xhtml can be a good start to read (accessible via Design above, Overview, Themes). The tool itself is available in Library above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Theme creation)

Wow thanks for the fast answers!

Im downloading "Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition Plug-ins" right now, is it hard to use?

PS: I downloaded it but i don't know how to use it!

Thanks!
    Last edited by doguhanca; 2011-06-05 at 14:31.

ha……it is hard for me to use……but I believe ,if you learn it hard ,it won't be difficult

There is a persistent bug with this site, so if you tried to open the tutorial (linked at the end of https://www.forum.nokia.com/Design/Themes.xhtml), you probably ended up on the main page of the library. However if you open the same link once more, it will bring you to the correct page where tutorials begin.
    Also you may find related articles in the Wiki (Wiki is part of "Community", in the top-right corner).

Thanks guys but i don't know which programs to install. Should i install "Carbide.ui" and then "Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition Plug-ins"?

Can someone help me? I want to design an "iPhone 4" skin for my "Nokia N8" :P

Plug-ins are extensions to the base software. You will certainly have to install Carbide.ui first. Otherwise I do not know/use these applications, but this discussion is going to be moved into the board where people use them.
    There will be a redirect link in the original location, but for future reference: you can find the Themes/Carbide.ui board if you open the "root", http://discussion.forum.nokia.com, and scroll a bit downwards to "Themes and Mobile Design" category.

Well i think Im not going to be able to do a template for myself so i have a basic request from you;

can you change every single nokia icon to iPhone icons?

Quote Originally Posted by doguhanca View Post
    Well i think Im not going to be able to do a template for myself so i have a basic request from you;

can you change every single nokia icon to iPhone icons?
    You are asking developers to develop theme for you , as the i phone theme is not availble in ovi store you may download it from other sites which provides free theme ,www.zedge.net this site has one , and if you want to make changes in background you can edit the theme

Quote Originally Posted by prssupe View Post
    You are asking developers to develop theme for you , as the i phone theme is not availble in ovi store you may download it from other sites which provides free theme ,www.zedge.net this site has one , and if you want to make changes in background you can edit the theme
    I've searched everywhere for a nice iPhone theme. All i want are the icons but I don't really know how to do these kind of stuff and doing it would take me a long time while you guys could do it in minutes (not sure).

Hello everybody. I installed "Carbide.ui" but it doesn't work. When i press the setup.exe it fails to open it. What should i do!?

I was looking for a very unique skin for my nokia N8 wii and i just got one from here http://decalskin.com/.It is very easy to apply.