Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Porting Qt apps to WP7

Check out, including full source in Nokia projects:

http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/no...c-sharp-on-wp7

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Porting Qt apps to WP7

The list of actual projects with sources (the Forum Nokia ones have both Qt and WP7 versions so you can compare) can be seen at https://projects.forum.nokia.com/home/project/explore#c[]=328

Great stuff! i also strongly encourage everyone to check the tutorials with create.msdn.com!

One thing I've noticed is that when people pick up a totally new platform they tend to take shortcuts in learning. That way they don't necessary realize all the possibilities that the new platform has to offer, and do things the hard way. Learn C#, learn SL/XNA from the ground up, it really pays in the long run.

I must say that when I have to train other devs on the subject, that time I learn the most, as I really need to brush up and learn deeply each subject. Sometimes I've stumbled on stuff that I didn't notice before even I've worked with the same stuff for years and I've learned to do things much more effeciently.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jiihaa View Post
    Great stuff! i also strongly encourage everyone to check the tutorials with create.msdn.com!

One thing I've noticed is that when people pick up a totally new platform they tend to take shortcuts in learning. That way they don't necessary realize all the possibilities that the new platform has to offer, and do things the hard way. Learn C#, learn SL/XNA from the ground up, it really pays in the long run.

I must say that when I have to train other devs on the subject, that time I learn the most, as I really need to brush up and learn deeply each subject. Sometimes I've stumbled on stuff that I didn't notice before even I've worked with the same stuff for years and I've learned to do things much more effeciently.
    100% with u on this one. I've a .NET developer since v1 and even today I discover new and better ways of doing the same thing. When it comes to Winodws Phone 7 there are a lot of features that comes free with .NET that people may not be aware oif if they take shortcurts. I strongly recomend exploring not only the documentation and learning resources but also to keep an eye on .NET framework counities and bloggers. MSDN Foruns are also a good place to be, post questions and learn. Microsoft has a program that they call MVP - Most Valuable Professional. There are people that are recognized by their expertise and willing to help others. There are thousands of them. In fact I was one for quite a few years. A lot of MVPs participate activly on these comunities. The dev comunity for Microsoft is huge and not limited to a platform. It includes Desktop, web, mobility, entretainment, etc. And not limited to developers also. It includes people from areas like office, infrastructure, etc.

Cheers