Discussion Board

negative vote - Nokia help us please!

Hi,
    I don't have many apps on the store.
    But I am happy to see that my app was downloaded many times.

Only 0,001% give a comment and they always give 1 star because they can't download the app.

I think this is a big problem for all developer. There are many users that are reporting:
    "can't install app" vote: 1/5
    "application installed but doesn t appear in the application manager and ovistore still consider this one installed ! how can i make it works ?"
    "no instala a pesar que descarga"
    "Can't even install it ovi store is problematic. not that its my fault and I don't want to judge this app just because I can't try it. Blame nokia for not providing support to their users and lousy app store that we as users can't even try your app to begin with. screw nokia, developers are collateral damage to them. I'd suggest you join apples like I did its much more worth your time. Just advise from one dev to another."

I don't know what do, we should get a solution. The most users don't try it 5-6 times, they doesn't know what smart installer is and think the app doesn't work... but it is not the app, it is the installer that fails!
    On the C7, when I try to install something from OVI store, sometimes it reboots the phone after 10 minutes of download! After the reboot I have to click on smart installer.

I know what smart installer is, but only because I am developing apps, a normal user can't see it and can't download it from the store because ovi store say that the app is already installed.

My question is:
    - is it possible to delete all negative comments from the store where the user can't download the app? :P

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: negative vote - Nokia help us please!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    My question is:
    - is it possible to delete all negative comments from the store where the user can't download the app? :P
    An un-official answer: Unfortunately for you, selective deletion of comments is not done in fairness policy.

You can await for an official confirmation though.

Regular Contributor

Moreover, many people leave negative comment first, then they contact developer (me), problem solved, but they can't still remove or edit their own negative comment So (if Nokia is still interested), there are some suggestions regarding user comments:

1. Allow users to edit their own comments;
    2. Allow publishers to post answers to user comments (and send these answers to comment authors by e-mail). This is because some users are seeking for support in application comments, asking questions, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    Moreover, many people leave negative comment first, then they contact developer (me), problem solved, but they can't still remove or edit their own negative comment So (if Nokia is still interested), there are some suggestions regarding user comments:

1. Allow users to edit their own comments;
    2. Allow publishers to post answers to user comments (and send these answers to comment authors by e-mail). This is because some users are seeking for support in application comments, asking questions, and so on.
    Yes, this is a good idea!
    If there is something like a chat or better, a blog entry for each app, users can solve some troubles alone.

Regular Contributor

I think the easiest way is to fix the Ovi Store Application bug: Not allow users to write comments until Ovi Store app will be sure that application is INSTALLED.
    What the big problem for Nokia just to fix this simple bug that all publishers talking about for 1 year??!!!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I will make sure this is brought to the attention of the Ovi Store.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    My question is:
    The official answer I received for this question was that is not possible since deleting too many times user comments will result in user ban.

The problem is quite old and I guess we have to live with it, the "good" news is that almost all Qt aplications are in the same situation.

This is really bad!

I made a nice app, to measure the distance with the camera. I have 3 comments on the app (one of them is my friend :P), but the other 2:
    - no instala a pesar que descarga
    - Version wird nicht installiert

The first one can't install it.
    The second one can't update it because there is a bug on the store... The store show version 2.0 but give the version 1.0 to download, so the user can upgrade it 1000times and on the store, it has always an update for this app.

I think they should add an option "HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE APP!" Or at least give the possibility to reply! I want say to this user that there is a bug on the store and there is nothing wrong with the app!