Discussion Board

Question Nokia N8 Menu Key Tri-State Behaviour

At one point my N8 Menu Key exhibited a different behaviour to what I understand as normal.

Normally, the first press takes you to the home screen, then second press to Menu, third press back to home screen etc. In this 'normal' behaviour there are only two places the Menu Key will take you - home screen & Menu.

The behaviour I observed had three states. After the second press brought up Menu, the third press brought up a 'blank version of the home screen' and the fourth press then went back to (normal) home screen. Repeated pressing of the Menu Key rolled the device through these three point - home screen, Menu, 'blank home screen' - then back to home screen.

The blank home screen was nice in that it let you see your wall paper and hid the icons & widgets. If your wallpaper was a picture that you liked to quickly display without clutter this tri-state behaviour would be handy.

So I am wondering if this is a side effect or an option and if it is an option, how do you access it?

I have recently installed the Voyager Application and also the Nokia sleeping Screen (screen saver) and various themes. I have run and rerun and reselected all of these in order to reproduce the tri-state menu key behaviour but I cannot.

Has anyone else picked up on this?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia N8 Menu Key Tri-State Behaviour

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/