Discussion Board

[moved] Using the AnalyzeTool

Many thanks for this great news, If you have any further information about using it with carbide.c++ that would be great

I got a question about it :

I'm using S60 5th Ed SDK to build my application, but I have a Symbian^3 device for testing; So

Which epoc32 version I should extract over my SDK ( 5th or S^3) ?

Which (*.SIS) version I should install on my Symbian^3 device ?

Nokia_AnalyzeTool_S60_5th_Ed_v1_13_en.sis
    Nokia_AnalyzeTool_Symbian3_v1_13_en.sis

Needless to say that I'm targeting both 5th and S^3 platforms.

Many thanks in advance.
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia AnalyzeTool

Install the matching versions of the tool for both SDK (or SDK targets, in the case of the Qt SDK) and device.

In your case the S60 5th Edition version of the tool must be unpacked over the S60 5th Edition SDK and the Symbian^3 version of tool's SIS file must be installed on the Symbian^3 device.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank you Itomuta for your response,

I got another difficulty now, when I follow every step documented about AnalyzeTool in Carbide.C++ 2.7, and try to deploy my project it shows this error in "Console" view
    C:\Symbian\Tools\Carbide.c++ v2.7\plugins\com.nokia.s60tools.analyzetool.corecomponents_1.10.0\atool.exe -uninstrument

### AnalyzeTool ###
    ### Build Summary ###

Build failed: MyApp.mmp
    Target: MyApp.exe
    Errors: Missing symbol file: \symbian\s605th\s60_5th_edition_sdk_v1.0\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\MyApp.sym

Build type: urel
    Build platform: gcce
    Data gathering mode: output to trace
    Allocation call stack size: 40
    Free call stack size: 0
    AnalyzeTool : Error, copying releasable(s).
    When I searched Carbide for Missing symbol file error, it says that I should add "-debug" in my project arguments,
    And the problem is I never used "Command Line" deploy before, So where to add this argument into my project in Carbide ?

Note: I build my project with a "Phone Release GCCE"
    Last edited by ashraf fawzy; 2011-06-10 at 00:23.
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ashraf fawzy View Post
    When I searched Carbide for Missing symbol file error, it says that I should add "-debug" in my project arguments,
    And the problem is I never used "Command Line" deploy before, So where to add this argument into my project in Carbide ?
    So basically Carbide.c++ tells you that you should user a debug build. Why don't you?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Many thanks Itomuta, The problem wasn't in build mode ( or at least not the whole problem ); the problem was that I choose "Use external command line engine" option with a path to the "aTool.exe" in the Carbide.C++ AnalyzeTool plugin rather than using the path to the one I extracted from the downloaded ZIP file.

And now it compiles OK, and application runs and the resulted files that contains analyzed data is created on my phone, but when I moved it to my computer and tried to open it using "Open And Analyze Data File" in AnalayzeTool view it shows an error dialog says:

Unable to execute action for current project
    And this is the information in Console View:
    Code:
    C:\Symbian\S605th\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\atool.exe -a C:\MemorLeaks.dat C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspaceFinal\MyApp\group\atool_temp\AtoolFileToCarbide.xml 
    AnalyzeTool : Parsing binary data file...
    AnalyzeTool : Warning, process start or process end tag in log is missing. You can get incomplete result information.
    AnalyzeTool : makefile atool_temp\main.at opened.
    AnalyzeTool : found mmp file: c:\symbian\carbide\workspacefinal\MyApp\group\MyApp.mmp

Total Time: 4 sec

Is there any missing configuration that cause this error ?

Edit:-

- My application exits normally with no crash or panic ( due to Y-Task )

- My Carbide AnalyzeTool plugin version is 1.10
    - AnalyzeTool Version is 1.13

Is this may cause a conflict while Carbide AnalyzeTool plugin trying to read a newer tags style ?

I've been trying to update Carbide AnalyzeTool plugin but it says there is no update available, plus the plugin already downloaded and installed by Carbide.
    Last edited by ashraf fawzy; 2011-06-10 at 11:02.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: [moved] Using the AnalyzeTool

Hi,

Sorry about the late response (I was on vacation).

-Carbide: You need to use Carbide 3.2 and AnalyzeTool Carbide Extension 1.13.0. The Forum Nokia version of AnalyzeTool is not compatible with Carbide 2.7 from the old Symbian Foundation.
    -Epoc32 & SIS: Follow Lucian's hints above. If you were not able to get it working, please let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Matti Laitinen
    Nokia Development Tools