Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Post how to convert jad file to sis file

i need help.
    thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: how to convert jad file to sis file

Generally you don't convert it, thus why would you need o do so ?

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: how to convert jad file to sis file

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    special needs,thanks
    i have to do!(i know j2me program also could be used)

Regular Contributor

special needs.

thanks!

You either explain those special needs into a form that would let us understand if an alternative solution can be provided, or you don't, in which case the answer remains: no, you cannot "convert" a JAR into a SIS in any useful manner, just as you cannot convert chocolate ice-cream into a chocolate cake.

You should take some time to understand what a SIS file is, what a JAR file is and then ask again if you think that there should be possible to solve your problem.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You either explain those special needs into a form that would let us understand if an alternative solution can be provided, or you don't, in which case the answer remains: no, you cannot "convert" a JAR into a SIS in any useful manner, just as you cannot convert chocolate ice-cream into a chocolate cake.

You should take some time to understand what a SIS file is, what a JAR file is and then ask again if you think that there should be possible to solve your problem.
    There's a program which will download only sis file and install it, unfortunately the program not control by us

then you could try making a Symbian application that installs the java application. Then the Symbian app would get installed, and you would have the java installation files as content, and when user clicks the icon for the Symbian application it would go and install the java application.

if you would Symbian sign the sis you could always try auto starting the Symbian app, but then you would need to wait until the installer exits, before you could attempt to start any additional installations.

Regular Contributor

then you could try making a Symbian application that installs the java application. Then the Symbian app would get installed, and you would have the java installation files as content, and when user clicks the icon for the Symbian application it would go and install the java application.

if you would Symbian sign the sis you could always try auto starting the Symbian app, but then you would need to wait until the installer exits, before you could attempt to start any additional installations.
    thanks!
    i searched some materials , and found it can be.
    in the url "http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?96384-Convert-Jar-and-Jad-files-to-SIS#post264038"
    the document ''http://www3.symbian.com/faq.nsf/0/2E2F00D52D2BF0D480256FAF003F920C?OpenDocument' can't be opened
    i think it's important for solving it.

symbian.com is long gone, I would suppose that what ever was there would nto be too much on real help, most likely it would be something I suggested, as well as it appears to be pre-3rd edition stuff.

Regular Contributor

symbian.com is long gone, I would suppose that what ever was there would nto be too much on real help, most likely it would be something I suggested, as well as it appears to be pre-3rd edition stuff.
    thanks!
    you may be right. but for me the problem remain.

so have you considered the suggestion on #7 ?

The old FAQ from Symbian.com is of course still available in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine: http://classic-web.archive.org/web/2...C?OpenDocument

I have a strong suspicion that the solution will not work on current devices so you should really go for Yukka's suggestion, which is in fact implemented already as a wiki example (you do the search).
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    The old FAQ from Symbian.com is of course still available in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine: http://classic-web.archive.org/web/2...C?OpenDocument

I have a strong suspicion that the solution will not work on current devices so you should really go for Yukka's suggestion, which is in fact implemented already as a wiki example (you do the search).

thanks very much!
    could you open the url?

Quote Originally Posted by ptclin_2007 View Post
    thanks very much!
    could you open the url?
    Clicking on it? Note that archive.org can be really slow, if you have timeouts, you may have to retry. Right now the link opened for me in less than a second.

Sometimes there are co-incidences. http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ss-signed-null has just turned out to be using this JAD-JAR-embedding approach, probably Gena01 will tell if it works.