Discussion Board

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Symbian Signed renewal

When i verifying account, i got "Alert: We are having problems, please try after some time", what this means?
    I encounter the same problem too
    Last edited by qqengineer; 2011-06-22 at 04:45. Reason: missing quotation

Quote Originally Posted by localizationer View Post
    Hi,
    When i verifying account, i got "Alert: We are having problems, please try after some time", what this means?
    Perhaps the publisherID has connected to an account before and you cann't use it to verify a second account.

Nokia Developer Expert

Currently end May 2014. That will change. But where should we change it to? Any preferences? 3 years seems very long, would 1 year be enough? See, every time you add a device you need a new devcert. So, who has been using the same cert for 3 years in a row?

Hi,
    I see the following changes
    "4. Submissions to Certified Signed and Express Signed are tied to:
    -The Publisher ID you used to verify your account -The UIDs your account has registered -We have built a list of "white labeled" UIDs so you can use Smart Installer and other interesting common components with your applications."

We used to submit Express Signed using our own account for our customer; however the sis is signed with customer's Publisher ID.
    Does it mean that this is not allowed?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Smiles View Post
    Perhaps the publisherID has connected to an account before and you cann't use it to verify a second account.
    Urgent 1. How can I merge accounts ? They have separate registered UIDs and Content Ids that are already paid for!

Our corperation is so large that we have many accounts sharing the same PublisherID.

Urgent 2. The first verified account is from another department. And it CAN NOT sign my app. The status is always "Cancelled". This account has no UIDs of our departments, of course.

Urgent 3. And also, the orginal "Symbian Signed for Nokia" account can not be logined in with! What should I do?? We have IME apps that need to be signed.

Nokia Developer Expert

The Publisher ID indicates the legal owner of the application. If you would be using your customers' PubID then it means they have the full liability of the application - which is interesting. There are two ways to solve this:
    1. You get your own Publisher ID and sign with that.
    2. You get an account for this specific customer. And verify the account with the Customer's Publisher ID and issue UIDs for this customer in that account.

Nokia Developer Expert

Currently we are trying to solve the problem at hand. Can you please check first that your account has the country information in there? Then you could try again.

Quote Originally Posted by rippe View Post
    The only tool which will be needed is the TC Trustcenter's tool used to transfer the Publisher ID from a P12 package to KEY and CER files. It will not be possible to use any other tools.
    So will we have to give Symbian Signed the private key for our Publisher ID?

Dear SymbianSigned team.

What is the procedure to have all our old accounts (including UIDs, Content Ids, etc.) merged into our new primary account?
    This is really urgent, we can't sign our applications without our old UIDs.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by toby_gray View Post
    So will we have to give Symbian Signed the private key for our Publisher ID?
    If you want to give it to someone, you could rather give it to me.
    Otherwise check the documentation, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed, "4. Verifying the account"

Certificate siging process was completed. But in Submission History The Sataus was "Ready For Testing". I didn't get email as well to download. From Where can I download my SIS file

Nokia Developer Moderator

According to the image, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ess_signed.jpg, the download link appears on the submission page.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by psr1410 View Post
    Certificate siging process was completed. But in Submission History The Sataus was "Ready For Testing". I didn't get email as well to download. From Where can I download my SIS file
    In Certified Signed -process the signed sis-file becomes downloadable once the test house has tested the application and it passes all tests. In Express Signed -process you'll get the signed file back pretty much immediately.

Hi,

where is the old "Open Signed Online" where everybody could sign an application for his phone only (restricted to only one IMEI) ? if it's no more possible, this means that free application needs a publisher ID which cost a lot ???

and moreover: how can I check my application on MY device if I have no publisher ID and no DevCert ?

Thanks for any answer,
    Domi @ gosymbian
    Last edited by Jeepy; 2011-06-22 at 23:05.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Re: Symbian Signed renewal - Express singed always "Cancelled"

Hi,

Here is my problem.

First, I have express signed one of my apps sucessful.
    And then, the status was always "Cancelled" when i went to sign other apps.
    And the key point is there is no any error or warning message show out, so i didn't know how to config it out.

Had anyone meet with this either?

3x
    catdwan@gmail.com
    Last edited by catdwan; 2011-06-23 at 03:06.