Discussion Board

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Re: Symbian Signed renewal - Express singed always "Cancelled"

Hi,catdwan,
    In this new signed system, you must submit the .sis only, don't submit zip again.

Re: Symbian Signed renewal

How much time it will take to get back from the test house?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrillev View Post
    Dear SymbianSigned team.

What is the procedure to have all our old accounts (including UIDs, Content Ids, etc.) merged into our new primary account?
    This is really urgent, we can't sign our applications without our old UIDs.

Thanks
    I feel your pain, we have the same problem in our corporation.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
    Hi,

where is the old "Open Signed Online" where everybody could sign an application for his phone only (restricted to only one IMEI) ? if it's no more possible, this means that free application needs a publisher ID which cost a lot ???
    See Former Open Signed Online method...

and moreover: how can I check my application on MY device if I have no publisher ID and no DevCert ?

Thanks for any answer,
    Domi @ gosymbian
    You can get a developer certificate with 13 capabilities and 10 devices without having a publisher. Feel free to log-in to Symbian Signed for more details.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Lucian,

1) I need a published ID which is not free ! and I can't buy one because I have no company and why we have to pay to release freeware ?

2) I can't get a developer certificate without having a UID ! and I can't get my UID's back because I can't sign with my previous email which hold all of my UID's (see this post), we are turning around !!!

if someone (at Nokia) could find a solution for the second point, I would be very very happy :-)

tkx,
    Domi.
    Last edited by Jeepy; 2011-06-25 at 10:03.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Some traps (!) are coming up next.
    1) I need a published ID which is not free ! and I can't buy one because I have no company and why we have to pay to release freeware ?
    How did you sign your stuff without a Publisher ID so far, regardless of which variant of Symbian Signed website we are talking about?
    2) I can't get a developer certificate without having a UID ! and I can't get my UID's back because I can't sign with my previous email which hold all of my UID's (see this post), we are turning around !!!
    I agree, it seems to be a problem getting back your assigned UID-s. However it is unclear what would you really do after getting them back.

Can it happen that you were distributing software unsigned, and had the users sign it for themselves with Open Signed Online?

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    How did you sign your stuff without a Publisher ID so far, regardless of which variant of Symbian Signed website we are talking about?
    I published my application unsigned, the users sign it themselves with "open signed online" in the previous system.

I agree, it seems to be a problem getting back your assigned UID-s. However it is unclear what would you really do after getting them back.
    if I get my UID's back I could get a developper cert (free up to 10 IMEI's) !!!! and maybe I could find a way to buy a Publisher ID (using the company for which I'm working)

please, give my UID's back (I have a list with all of them and I could give this list to you (or to Nokia) !!!!
    hope it's clear now.
    Tkx once more,
    Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

That was violating the terms of service of the old site, and is intentionally made impossible with the new one.
    Though I agree that it should be possible to get back your UID-s somehow.

Are you aware of Ovi and its Ovi Publisher program? It requires 1 EUR for registration, then signs and distributes applications for you. Both free and non-free apps. The restriction is that whatever is signed by Ovi is going to be distributed via Ovi, you do not get the signed package back.

yes, I'm aware of the ovi program and that's a problem (not for the 1 euro fee) coz I want to publish my app's thru my site which has google ads (...)

for the 'violation of the terms...', Nokia is limit too : everybody which bought a phone (or something else) must have the choice what he want to do with his purchase and must have the full control over his phone (except if it's explicited indicated in the 'contract'); this is not possible with the restriction imposed by nokia but this is another story.

btw: can you give my UID's back ?

Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

yes, I'm aware of the ovi program and that's a problem (not for the 1 euro fee) coz I want to publish my app's thru my site which has google ads (...)
    Yes, I can understand that. Since you are allowed to remove content, it may be worth a try though. Due to the chaos in Ovi Store, you could (and should) link the direct download page from your site, and it may keep your users with you (also, support pages also remain on your site). You can certainly find it out in a few months, and make your decision.

Have you estimated what would happen if you sell the app in Ovi Store with the lowest non-free price? Basically you could check the current download count, the revenue you get from the ads, and make a pessimistic estimate for paid downloads (say, 2-3 grades less).
    for the 'violation of the terms...', Nokia is limit too : everybody which bought a phone (or something else) must have the choice what he want to do with his purchase and must have the full control over his phone (except if it's explicited indicated in the 'contract'); this is not possible with the restriction imposed by nokia but this is another story.
    Such discussions have happened a couple times, starting it over would not help much. While there would be positive aspects, remember the downside too: piracy, malware. Both of them are real problems on some competitor platforms.
    The real problem is that individuals can not get a Publisher ID, and the low-level of protection what Ovi Store has.
    btw: can you give my UID's back ?
    That should be asked from Symbian Signed, I assume you have sent a mail already. My blind guess is that they received hundreds of e-mails in this week, so answering them will definitely take some time.
    I am not a Nokia employee, so I can not do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Yes, I can understand that. Since you are allowed to remove content, it may be worth a try though. Due to the chaos in Ovi Store, you could (and should) link the direct download page from your site, and it may keep your users with you (also, support pages also remain on your site). You can certainly find it out in a few months, and make your decision
    That's an idea ! I haven't thought about that (I'm stupid) thanks for this clue.

That should be asked from Symbian Signed, I assume you have sent a mail already. My blind guess is that they received hundreds of e-mails in this week, so answering them will definitely take some time.
    I have posted 3 mails directly to someone at nokia without any answer, maybe, you are right, they received tons of mails per day :-)

I am not a Nokia employee, so I can not do anything.
    Oops, I thought you was someone from Nokia ! I apologize.

Thanks,
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

Hi,
    Thanks for you guys helping me verifying the main account of our company! Now I have succeeded to use it. But I can't verify another account with another publisherID. Please help!
    I got a warning "This Publisher ID has been used to verify another account already. Please use another Publisher ID. " when I tried to verify it.

It's an urgent situation. We have two apps waiting for signed up for over four days.
    Please check out the email URGENT: Cannot Verify the Account with its publisherID. Hope you can feed me back soon.
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Smiles View Post
    I got a warning "This Publisher ID has been used to verify another account already. Please use another Publisher ID. " when I tried to verify it.

It's an urgent situation. We have two apps waiting for signed up for over four days.
    Please check out the email URGENT: Cannot Verify the Account with its publisherID. Hope you can feed me back soon.
    Sounds like somebody else used that PublisherID to verify an account, which means that somebody else in your organisation can do the signing for you ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Sounds like somebody else used that PublisherID to verify an account, which means that somebody else in your organisation can do the signing for you ...
    It cannot be true. I have asked everyone else who has right to use the account and got nothing. Please help~

Please send me a private message with your account name.
    -- Lucian

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast