Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

Minor issue with thread icons

I like the new design, the new full-inverted icons for read and unread are much simpler to distinguish between than the darkish-gray and grayish-blue icons were in the past.
    However for the specific case of "hot topic, and you have posted into it, no unread messages" I see the old-style icon (red icon with green arrow in the bottom-right corner).
    See attachment for this feedback board (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Nokia-Services) it applies to the RDA-firmware sticky and to the Launchpad woes thread.

(or Attachment 1299)
    Checked with my non-regular browser too, so it is not a caching problem.

Super Contributor

Re: Minor issue with thread icons

Just noticed this myself as well, so it has not been fixed yet.

H

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I can't see your attachment, I know that the Red Hot Topics seem to be reverse of the Green normal topics but other than that is old icon issue solved?

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I like the new design, the new full-inverted icons for read and unread are much simpler to distinguish between than the darkish-gray and grayish-blue icons were in the past.
    However for the specific case of "hot topic, and you have posted into it, no unread messages" I see the old-style icon (red icon with green arrow in the bottom-right corner).
    See attachment for this feedback board (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Nokia-Services) it applies to the RDA-firmware sticky and to the Launchpad woes thread.

(or Attachment 1299)
    Checked with my non-regular browser too, so it is not a caching problem.

Ok, I will create a new one when I see it.
    The phenomena still exists, this very thread was displayed with the old blue icon with tiny green arrow in the bottom-right corner when I opened the board now.

Super Contributor

dibo.png

Here

H

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

weird, looks like a Mac with cookie issues. I can't reproduce this can you and Wiz send me your system information, browser and such.

Thanks,

Ron

Although when reporting I was using Chrome (according to http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...port/ticket/69 I tend to think the same for Hartti), right now in this very moment I am using IE9 on Windows 7/64, and the old-style blue icon was visible.
    I am in the middle of an installation and will reboot in a couple minutes. I can also clean the cache/cookies after all. Please post something.

EDIT: no need to post, on page 9 of this board, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ge9&order=desc, the "2.5 months something" closed thread also has the old-style icon for me.

EDIT: cleaned the cache, cleaned the cookies (signed in again), the referred thread still has the old icon for me. Note that it is probably "personalized", since I have not seen old icons on threads where I have not posted to.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2011-07-21 at 17:58.

Super Contributor

Not a cookie issue for me either. I had to clear the cookies because Nokia Developer site sent Chrome to endless redirect loop (that's now fixed).

Yes, same as wizard_hu. I see the old style icons on some of the threads I have posted myself.

Hartti