Discussion Board

I submitted my content item. Why can't I see my content item in Ovi Store?

This is the FAQ question.

I don't know if there is something wrong with my app, but maybe you need to update the answer.

It is not the first time it happens, and I don't know why it happens. I was thinking, that once the app pass all QA tests, it will be show in the store. But with the leatest updates, sometimes the app pass all tests but it will not be uploaded to the store

On Jun 5th 2011 21:11 UTC XXXXX changed Qt file from 'YYYY_installer.sis' to YYYY_installer.sis'.
    ZZZZZZ (NS-QA) (Jun 13th 2011 05:29 UTC) Passed QA.

Now I see:

YYYYY (Display: YYYYY)
    a Qt Based Application in Ovi Store Latest update on Jun 13th 2011 05:29 UTC
    Submitted by XXXXXXXXX

QA Overview
    Item: Passed
    Files: 1 passed

Publication
    Item: Not published
    Files: 0 / 1 published
    It passed all tests, but after 4 days (or 12 days from submitting) it is still not available.

I was always thinking, that once the app pass all tests, the app is automatically show in the store?

Regular Contributor

Re: I submitted my content item. Why can't I see my content item in Ovi Store?

I think that's normal behavior. Sometimes it takes more a week that the item gets published after it has passed all tests.

Ok, it is good to know it
    Because it is not reported, that after all QA-tests it doesn't appear on the store.

My main problem is this one:
    - I made a new version of my app, from version 1.0 to 2.0. I redesigned completly the graphics on the app.

If I change the metadata, users see a new screenshot but will download the old app. If I update the metadata after they accept the app, users see my old screenshots and will download a new app :/

Regular Contributor

yep, I have exact the same problem which causes confusion on the user side and sometimes even negativ reviews.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please give the content a couple of days to surface on the Ovi Store.

Thank you

Yes, of course I will give a couple of days

But I don't know why it is not anymore published after it has passed all tests.

There was 3 steps at beginning, now there are 4 steps:

What is happening on the 4th step?

Nokia Developer Moderator

As with everything there are processes that needs to be followed and multiple people and teams that are doing their parts. For example if your application is using Ovi free signing, there would be additional steps for it etc. Also there are probably more steps on different processes that needs to be handled in order everything to work accordingly.

of course Ovi store is working on minimizing all delays.

On Jun 5th 2011 21:11 UTC XXXXX changed Qt file from 'YYYY_installer.sis' to YYYY_installer.sis'.

YYYYY (Display: YYYYY)
    a Qt Based Application in Ovi Store Latest update on Jun 13th 2011 05:29 UTC
    Submitted by XXXXXXXXX

QA Overview
    Item: Passed
    Files: 1 passed

Publication
    Item: Not published
    Files: 0 / 1 published It passed all tests
    Jun 5th - submitted to OVI store
    Jun 13th - accepted and passed all QA tests
    Jun 24th - no trace of this app in the store

What du you think... Is it time to write to OVI or give them another coulpe of days?

Nokia Developer Moderator

that sounds bad, I would write email to publicer support, and identifying the content and asking for help and clarification.

Yuppie!
    Thank you Yucca, I wrote to the support... Now it is online

It was unpublished again...

Sad, really sad!
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Tiger54,

Is this issue resolved yet? If not, can you please email the Nokia Publish Support team with the content item name in question so we can investigate this further? Conversely, if you can send me a private message and let me know the name of your content item, I can try to help you with this issue.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for your help.
    Yes, it was resolved. After 4 months they said that it will never published on the store because the Elpo-app was too funny.
    I am not happy with the decision, but it is resolved.
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!