Discussion Board

Bluetooth Sony Vaio C1VFK (Win 2K) and Nokia 6310i?

I have a Sony Vaio C1VFK laptop, which has built in Bluetooth support (supplied software is BlueSpace 1.1.0.04190) - I'd be very interested to know if it will be able to connect via Bluetooth to the Nokia 6310i which I'm interested in buying soon (specifically for J2ME, Bluetooth, and GPRS) - does anyone have any success stories?

The 6310i isn't currently available with my provider (Orange), although it should be within the month, and I managed to persuade the staff at a different phone store (The Link) to briefly let me test my laptop with their live Nokia 6310i which they had on display. BlueSpace would detect the Nokia, but would crash when I tried to access the 'Security' and 'Advanced Settings' tabs of the 'Connection Settings' dialog... Not Promising!

That was a quick test performed in only a minute or so, so I did't have a chance to really start playing with it. Has anyone had any success attempting this pairing?

Best regards,
    Roberto

RE: Bluetooth Sony Vaio C1VFK (Win 2K) and Nokia 6310i?

I have a Vaio SRX41P and had exactly the same problem with Bluespace crashing when querying services on my 6310i. After much correnspondence with Sony support, they pointed me to an updated version of Bluespace, available at ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/vaio/bluespace/Bluespace_2280_UK.exe

The phone now connects sucessfully to the laptop, but of course, PC Suite still fails to detect the phone GRRRR >: