Discussion Board

Exclamation NOKIA C3-01 touch and type: S40 software Deficiencies

there are few Deficiencies in the software, which i found out in my nokia c3-01 touch and type phone. i would like to list out them. and i hereby request the nokia team to make the required changes in the next firmware update.
    1. the main menu icons cannot be re-arranged (organized)
    2. current version of opera mini in the firmware is 5.0. while the latest version available is 6, but it cannot be upgraded. so please include the latest opera in the next update
    3. when we go for full-screen edit in opera, the text cannot be marked for copy nor for cut.
    4. the messages can be achieved to a single folder. there is no option to create multiple folders for categorized saving of messages. there is a single folder named 'archive' and there is no option to create another folder inside it
    5. touch settings would have been better if it was similar to that of nokia 5230xm
    6. as per the cost effectiveness, i mainly expected the phone to possess app minimization option, so as to run many applications, like 5230.
    7. gallery icon should be included in main menu instead of putting it in application category.
    8. swipe to unlock was a better improvement in last update

Super Contributor

Re: NOKIA C3-01 touch and type: S40 software Deficiencies

Hi s.vivekanada, and welcome to the Nokia Developer Discussions!

Your feedback is mostly end-user feedback and not developer feedback so proper place for those comments is:
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

But shortly.
    3) is related to Opera Mini implementation, not the device
    6) do not exactly understand the cost effectiveness point, Series 40 as a platform does not provide much multitasking capabilities, so this is likely not happening

Hartti
    Last edited by hartti; 2011-06-21 at 06:35.

ok thank you, but please correct the other points in the next updates. hoping for it at the earliest

ok thank you, but please correct the rest of the points in the next update. hoping for it at the earliest.

and regarding the opera mini, the full screen edit is related to phone, because the fullscreen option calls for editing in the phone edit mode. so please check it

thank you,
    vivek

Nokia Developer Moderator

Also 5230xm is Symbian device, which has very different OS than S40's do, thus comparing them is not really effective, if you want 5230xm, then you should buy it instead of S40 device.

i wanted to try touch n type. ok fine i agree 5230 has s60. excluding that 6th point. what about the rest???

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by s.vivekananda View Post
    i wanted to try touch n type. ok fine i agree 5230 has s60. excluding that 6th point. what about the rest???
    They are off-topic, still. This is the developer support site of Nokia, which means if you want to create your own applications for Nokia devices, you can find the tools and documentation here, and you can also ask questions in these boards. However people who are creating the firmware of Nokia devices are not here.