Discussion Board

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: N950 avaialbility?

Quote Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
    only information is: "can only be obtained through selected developer programs, such as Nokia Developer LaunchPad."

And then I come here because I want program some synthesizer-editor program for it. I am ready for pay for N950, because I want program with long time, I don't want anybody asking when it's ready.

So where I get information how to get Nokia N950?
    If you aren't a LaunchPad member you need to become one first. There is a limited number so serious developers will be first on the list. If there is more information I will post it here.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    If you aren't a LaunchPad member you need to become one first. There is a limited number so serious developers will be first on the list. If there is more information I will post it here.

Ron
    Thanks, that's what the original question was. What's the criteria, what are terms of getting it (purchase, loan?) and etc. Also, is any developer allowed to become LaunchPad member, or there are also terms for that, etc.?

Also, why is the number of devices limited? Will Nokia produce more of them later?

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can read about the various developer programs if you follow the Developer Programs link on the bottom of this page.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    You can read about the various developer programs if you follow the Developer Programs link on the bottom of this page.
    What I saw was:
    Nokia Developer Launchpad program is designed to accelerate mobile application development for companies and individual developers in order to elevate their business visibility through Ovi store.

Nokia is now offering free Launchpad membership for the next one year. Take advantage of this opportunity today!
    With the following link:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...aunchpad.xhtml
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any details there regarding any requirements or prerequisites. May be I'm missing something.

Super Contributor

If you click the apply link on that page, the first step is to describe the reason for applying to the membership. Describe your project in there and apply.
    I agree that the page is short on any requirements / criteria - I'll find out if something more descriptive can be posted (no, I do not know any details of what happens behind the scene after you have applied)

Hartti

Anyway, that page https://forumnokia.secure.force.com/DDP doesn't show *any* devices available "to me"
    This is a list of products available to you under Device Distribution.
    . Does that mean availability is individually selective? Is N9 devkit available there now if only I'd meet the criteria? Or is this page actually short of any available devices right now?

Nokia employee Konttori suggested I should apply for this N950, but it seems rather hard to fulfill that request.

Thanks
    jOERG

Quote Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
    Anyway, that page https://forumnokia.secure.force.com/DDP doesn't show *any* devices available "to me"
    I am not aware of the "to me" developer program.
    Nokia employee Konttori suggested I should apply for this N950, but it seems rather hard to fulfill that request.
    If you have a contact, you can try asking the details from him/her.

I am not aware of the "to me" developer program.
    Nice pun ;-D I'm sure you're just kidding, and aware I referred to the "availabe *to you*" part of the quote from that page
    If you have a contact, you can try asking the details from him/her.
    You're suggesting I ask Konttori about details of this website? Err, I guess he got more pressing things to do right now than to check if that's a bug in this site, or just a missing explanation of why there doesn't show up a single device no matter what filters I apply.

Regards
    jOERG

[edit]maybe I should make clear I got a working launchpad account, as otherwise I probably couldn't even reach that DDP order page

Company or Individual?
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/Deve...aunchpad.xhtml, 3rd bullet: "Company members have access to the Device Distribution to purchase Nokia devices at discount for development and testing purposes."

I do not know who Konttori is, just if he *knows* that you can apply right now, he could also tell how.

individual. So I gather the availability of devices is selective. I can see the business reasons. Thanks for clarifying, as this really isn't exactly obvious. Anyway I guess Kontorri meant I should go via meego.com loaner program, so you can take this as a "bug report" about confusing page design and missing clarification here, I'm probably not following up here for now.

Thanks again for taking care
    /j

SDK-s usually have emulators, so you can start coding right now. Since a dedicated N9/50 SDK has not been announced/released, you would use the generic SDK anyway, even if the device would be available immediately.
    To be exact there is already a dedicated sdk ... http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/Introduction.html

Just...you know, out of curiosity. I applied for the free launchpad membership months and months ago, and still haven't had any change whatsoever. I'm developing on my N900, but it would be very useful to have a N950 to work with. Last contact I had was a mail on the 18th March asking for some patience.

Obviously, the website won't let me re-apply as an application is still pending, but it'd be nice to know one way or the other what's going on.

Yes, the LaunchPad applications are a long story, literally: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ets-processed! is 95 posts long now, and I remember an other similar thread too. According to some of the most recent posts, evaluation of individual applications has been started, but it does not necessarily mean approval.

Super Contributor

joerg_rw
    You can apply for the device already through meego.com if you are working on some open source app
    https://meego.com/community/device-p...okia-n9-devkit

Hartti

Super Contributor

joerg_rw,
    the details how the available N9 devkits are distributed through Nokia Developer site's Developer Programs are not available yet. They are being worked on and will be available shortly.

Hartti