Discussion Board

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: N950 avaialbility?

You can try Remote Device Access service from Nokia Developer which is free of charge. There are few N950 available where you can test your application. http://apu.ndhub.net/
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    You can try Remote Device Access service from Nokia Developer which is free of charge. There are few N950 available where you can test your application. http://apu.ndhub.net/
    I have used this previously with N900. Well, you can say that it works, but it's hard and time comsuming to use, even with N900. Reason is UI in your remote side in your PC. With N950 you must "wipe out" menu settings from UI seen from remote device to even start your application installed. I dont know how to do with java applicattion. With N950 you must touch to the screen and drag things out. But touching with java-application seems very unsure operation and dragging also.

I use Ubuntu. Is this easier with windows, does its work better to use remote N950?

And in my case I cant test peer to peer application using WLAN. I can just test that application can be installed, uninstalled and firsts screen of the application is OK.

Nokia Developer Moderator

yep, swiping can sometimes be a bit tricky over RDA. that's why we added the "hide app" button to the device skin to help this a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    yep, swiping can sometimes be a bit tricky over RDA. that's why we added the "hide app" button to the device skin to help this a bit.
    I just tried several N950s from RDA. But nothing success with none of them. If I see icon in UI and click. Nothing happens. If I click and keep button down in an empty place and try drag. Nothing happens. How? Are they all freesed? Or impossible to use? Give me even one example step by step, how you have succeeded to use these N950 with RDA doing something!

Nokia Developer Champion

Hmm.. The devices do not seem to work properly for me either - the screen does not seem to be responsive and "hide app" button does not get me to the home screen, even though the button seems to register the click (it activates).
    I am using Mac SnowLeopard and Chrome. I was able to use the N950s successfully before with the same setup

Hartti
    Last edited by hartti; 2011-07-26 at 23:08. Reason: fixed own typos

the devices were working ok earlier today, but might be that some has done something to cause them to hang. I will sort this out tomorrow the morning when I'm back at the office.

can anyone explain why the N9 will not be Available in th Uk also why have only a limited number of N950 have been made and why can I not get one

Hi, this is a site about software development, release dates of devices in certain countries are not really discussed here.

The N950 is an other story, more or less it is a cancelled product where a smaller batch has been manufactured prior to shutting it down. Instead of dismantling it was given to developers since it is somewhat similar to/compatible with the N9. You could not get one either because you are not a developer at all, or because you have not registered your interest in time (the topic was actual circa a half year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Hi, this is a site about software development, release dates of devices in certain countries are not really discussed here.

The N950 is an other story, more or less it is a cancelled product where a smaller batch has been manufactured prior to shutting it down. Instead of dismantling it was given to developers since it is somewhat similar to/compatible with the N9. You could not get one either because you are not a developer at all, or because you have not registered your interest in time (the topic was actual circa a half year ago).
    thank you for your reply and time.
    ps my devkit is on it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetrise View Post
    thank you for your reply and time.
    ps my devkit is on it's way.
    I wonder why you wrote you could not get one then.

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    Hmm.. The devices do not seem to work properly for me either - the screen does not seem to be responsive and "hide app" button does not get me to the home screen, even though the button seems to register the click (it activates).
    I am using Mac SnowLeopard and Chrome. I was able to use the N950s successfully before with the same setup

Hartti
    after a closer inspection we actually found a bug regarding this, which may have caused the devices to "lock up" in the described manner. the fix has been deployed to the devices now.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    after a closer inspection we actually found a bug regarding this, which may have caused the devices to "lock up" in the described manner. the fix has been deployed to the devices now.
    So fixed 10-days after it was brought to Nokia's attn?
    Or was it fixed sooner, & you're only posting about it now.

Cheers.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I wonder why you wrote you could not get one then.
    I didnt get one either, and I have been coding for ages
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

DEAR NOKIA,

Can never get it.

You make such a brilliant tablet, the OS is perfect, the hard is good, and there is a QWERTY along with it, but it is produced with extremely limited qty and just for developers. How can it be understood?

I really want for my next cell to be the the Meego with QWERTY, what should I do know? Become a developer?

Kind Regards
    Owner of N900

Super Contributor

Hello there, a_k_o and Welcome to the discussion board!

It always feels good to receive positive vibes so to speak, so it makes me happy to hear you have liked so much of what
    we have produced to the markets.

Thank you for addressing us with your concerns and feedback, they will always be highly valued!

Yes, when you became part of Developer Nokia by acquiring your credentials, username and password, you also become fully eglible to access all the developer related documentation, tools, news and discussions. After this you are basically free to choose; what programming language and what tools, what platform and device set of all the supported combinations.

You are correctly issuing questions related to the availability of a device. The developer program that we used to hand out the limited set of devices is already succesfully over.

There might be a possibility to gain a device for you thru the partnership program maybe, but that should be a special case with special requirements.

Please send me a direct e-mail if you are still interested and I will connect you further.

Have a great day and stay active!

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]