Discussion Board

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Super Contributor

Re: N950 avaialbility?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
    Hello there, a_k_o and Welcome to the discussion board!

It always feels good to receive positive vibes so to speak, so it makes me happy to hear you have liked so much of what
    we have produced to the markets.

Thank you for addressing us with your concerns and feedback, they will always be highly valued!

Yes, when you became part of Developer Nokia by acquiring your credentials, username and password, you also become fully eglible to access all the developer related documentation, tools, news and discussions. After this you are basically free to choose; what programming language and what tools, what platform and device set of all the supported combinations.

You are correctly issuing questions related to the availability of a device. The developer program that we used to hand out the limited set of devices is already succesfully over.

There might be a possibility to gain a device for you thru the partnership program maybe, but that should be a special case with special requirements.

Please send me a direct e-mail if you are still interested and I will connect you further.

Have a great day and stay active!

Best,
    Marko
    I am Launchpad member and Champion ,,Though I was not eligible ,,or the stock is over.

regards,

It did not seem like i could get one when i first made my post.

I am so late.. I just hope i still have a shot at getting one.

Regular Contributor

maybe you guys should start a website to show how many pple and how much will you pay for those meego/maemo devices :-)

I donno how many unit should be sold to make it worthable
    http://rzr.online.fr/q/redak# redak : #FreE #TexT #EditoR : #Qt #QmL ported to #SymbiaN #BellE (#E7) and !n950club #n9 #MeeGo, test
    http://elinux.org/Mobile# Efforts to share a common base for GNU/Linux mobile communities ...
    http://go.cur.lv/files# files to be shared or email me

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

The N950s were strictly seeded for developers and are gone and will not be manufactured. The N9 is available.

Ron

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    The N950s were strictly seeded for developers and are gone and will not be manufactured. The N9 is available.

Ron
    Is there a plan to issue a developer KIT with N9? I'm working on Windows Phone projects now but I got an growing interest on this platform also.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by joaocardoso View Post
    Is there a plan to issue a developer KIT with N9? I'm working on Windows Phone projects now but I got an growing interest on this platform also.
    Cheers
    Good luck with that....
    They're not helping devs interested in Harmattan anywhere near as much as prospective WP devs.
    Look at the huge Nokia device hand-outs for WP...
    In contrast Nokia's been totally opaque about no's of N9's handed-out, & the whole process is far more tedious.

If Nokia had full focus on Harmattan since February, & not tainted the the whole platform the way it deliberately did.
    Then by now they may have something moving towards a critical mass; we'd even have heard about the N9's OMAP4 successors.
    Instead, they're trying their best to ensure people aren't enthused by Harmattan, & are more incentivised for WP.
    Whoddathought....

I'm not saying Harmattan only was the way for the high-end, WP could/should still have been a big player.
    But there's no reasonable explanation as-to-why MeeGo needed to be totally killed-off the way it was.
    And the lies that senior management told about MeeGo not adapting to hw quickly enough were just that.
    Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-21 at 07:00.