Discussion Board

QtCreator: Startup list registration fails when the application is installed with it

In the last three days I tried to add the autostart functionality to my application. I failed again and again. I followed this thread but it could not help. Then yesterday evening I changed the way I installed my sis file: instead of installing with runonphone.exe or QtCreator with silent install I installed my sis with QtCreator without silent install or with Ovi Suite and it suddenly started to work. Looks like silent install breaks the autostart functionality. Does anybody know anything about why autostart does not work when the sis is installed silently?
    EDIT: I forgot to include data: I am using N8, Qt 4.7.3, QtCreator 2.1.0
    Last edited by llnagy; 2011-06-01 at 11:56.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Auto Startup Application Signing!

The [12345678].rsc has to reside in the outermost installation package. I would rather assume that this was the real difference between your tests, not the tools. Especially if Qt Creator wraps your application with the smart installer stuff.

Vagy bármi más ;-)

It is nice to meet you, wizard_hu_! ;-) Thank You for your reply! I do not understand your answer though. Let us suppose that the [12345678].rsc is not in the outermost sis package. Why does autostart work when I install it with Ovi Suite and why not when I install it with runonphone? The same sis is installed in two different ways. In the first case autostart works, in the second it does not work. (Anyway, [12345678].rsc is in the outermost sis package because there are no inner sis files and I do not use smart installer. You could not know this because I did not mention it in my initial post.)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Do you have lock code/PIN code request on your device? Unfortunately the user did not respond afterwards but you can find some autostart-issue in #8 and #9 of http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...rt-not-working
    What happens if you repeat your tests a couple time, perhaps completed with copying the .sis/x file directly to the device and installing it there?

There is an article (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_devices) with downloadable example code.
    I downloaded the example code, built it with QtCreator, installed it with silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.
    Then I installed it with silent installation 10 times, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.
    Then I installed it without silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did autostart.
    I had PIN code request on my N8, so I removed my SIM card, uninstalled the example app, installed it again with silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.

Quote Originally Posted by llnagy View Post
    There is an article (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_devices) with downloadable example code.
    I downloaded the example code, built it with QtCreator, installed it with silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.
    Then I installed it with silent installation 10 times, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.
    Then I installed it without silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did autostart.
    I had PIN code request on my N8, so I removed my SIM card, uninstalled the example app, installed it again with silent installation, restarted the device then the example app did not autostart.
    I can confirm that autostart fails to work, if you install signed sis file from QtCreater. Install manually for Autostart to work.