Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cool Problems with the new and updated symbian signed website and its procedure.

Sir,

Iam facing very much difficulties with updated symbian signed website and symbain signing procedure.

I could not verify my account Iam still with unverified account.

I added IMEI s of two mobiles and submitted my applications i.e sis files yesterday .

They have been submitted successfully , but after downlaoding the signed sis file.

It was saying requested application access not granted when Iam installing in device or

certificate error contact the certificate supplier

I want to tell you Iam building my sis file with enable rebuild method in Run configurations in Carbide c++.

It generates dummy or duplicate certificate and key initially.

Then Iam submitting the above sis file

Please guide me.

Re: Problems with the new and updated symbian signed website and its procedure.

Do you have a Publisher ID ?

Nokia Developer Champion

for account varification ,
    1. create a sis file
    2. sign it with the publisher ID and certificate
    3. upload the signed sis file in the verification upload box.

Nokia Developer Moderator

GTO_India is trying to install the SIS file downloadable for validation.

Technically it might be possible to submit an application with a non-verified account, but that will not do anything.
    You can add your IMEI-s and download a developer certificate (.zip), and use the .key and .cer with Carbide.c++ for signing the application locally for yourself. Check the "SIS Builder" settings in Project, Properties, Carbide.c++, Build configurations. Right now it is self-signed, but you can have Carbide.c++ to use your devcert instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Sir,

Iam facing very much difficulties with updated symbian signed website and symbain signing procedure.

I could not verify my account Iam still with unverified account.
    Well, that's fine, but I don't see how it is relevant or what you're trying to do for that matter. Are you trying to verify your account and need help with that, or are you simply making a statement of your accoun status?

I added IMEI s of two mobiles and submitted my applications i.e sis files yesterday .

They have been submitted successfully , but after downlaoding the signed sis file.

It was saying requested application access not granted when Iam installing in device or

certificate error contact the certificate supplier
    These are two distinct error messages (although you are misquoting them), you cannot get them from the same SIS file on the same device. Can you explain what exactly are the parameters of your test in each case?

I want to tell you Iam building my sis file with enable rebuild method in Run configurations in Carbide c++..
    I'm not sure what that is but I'm rather sure that's not relevant either.

It generates dummy or duplicate certificate and key initially.
    No, they are not dummy certificates. They are self-signing certificates. You erither use them (if suitable for your application) or specifiy another certificate to be used for signing, like the devcert you can download from Symbian Signed for your devices. Isn't that why you have added your IMEIs to the site?

Then Iam submitting the above sis file

Please guide me.
    Submiting the SIS where? Since you claim that you have used some certificate the application is already signed so needs not be submitted anywhere.
    Unless you chose not to sing the SIS file in the IDE (unsigned option) in which case you can submit your application to Symbian Signed to be signed on the server with the same certificate you could have downloaded to begin with.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Technically it might be possible to submit an application with a non-verified account, but that will not do anything.
    You can of course submit the SIS file to the web server to be signed there with your developer certificate. I don't understand why that would be a feature someone would ever use, but well, it it available.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite