Discussion Board

Angry Account Migration Issues

Has anyone else not been able to change their email in their personal settings???
    I was finally able to get into my account after reading the sticky that my username had been changed to @symbiansigned which is also listed as my email address. But I can't change my email address cause it's disabled for some reason.
    Also, what is up with simply throwing away previously granted manufacturer capabilities... This is just such a disappointment. I keep trying to defend Nokia and Symbian but it's things like this that just accelerate the developer exodus to Apple and Google. Can't nokia do things that just work!?????
    Last edited by gwechi; 2011-06-23 at 00:43.

Re: Account Migration Issues

Quote Originally Posted by gwechi View Post
    Also, what is up with simply throwing away previously granted manufacturer capabilities... This is just such a disappointment. I keep trying to defend Nokia and Symbian but it's things like this that just accelerate the developer exodus to Apple and Google. Can't nokia do things that just work!?????
    Did you try re-applying for the capability on the "All, DRM, TCB" tab already? I did this yesterday, and got a confirmation of my approval last night - I assume that accounts have to be manually re-approved based on the previous status.

On the other hand, even though I got the confirmation, the certificate I downloaded this morning did not yet contain the new capabilities, so I am still waiting, too.

Yes, I did re-apply so hopefully it won't take too long to get approved again.
    I guess no one else seems to have the problem though about not being able to change their email address???

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gwechi View Post
    I guess no one else seems to have the problem though about not being able to change their email address???
    If that is a question, I can confirm, I can not change my e-mail address either.