Discussion Board

symbiansigned : verifying account fails

Hi,

I try to verify my account on symbiansigned.com, I have uploaded the sis file (you can use this sis - symbian_signed_account_verification_sis.sis ) and I get the following error :

"SIS file either contained no certificates at all, or contained more than one invalid certificate."

what can I do if I have no Published ID ?

thanks,
    Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: symbiansigned : verifying account fails

Account verification is exactly about proving that you are the owner of a Publisher ID. Now I wonder what you have sent without having one.
    Have you checked the table on the opening page of the Symbian Signed site? Starting from now you do not need a Publisher ID for "normal" developer certificates. You may also want to read http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed
    Your real issue could be migration of your old UID-s, if there were any.

Hi,

thanks for you reply.

I have no Publisher ID; therefore, I have used the sis file available from the link on the site - I thought this one may be used - this page on this site is not clear :

from the site : "Upload a SIS file signed with your Publisher ID. You can use this SIS. "

I have no publisher ID coz I have no company ! and moreover, I can find my UID's back : I have tried to logon with my account (created with the old system) and it is rejected : "Invalid username or password" !!! I'm waiting to find a solution (from you) to get my UID's back first with my account or with my new account (created on the new system) to get a DevCert (for less than 10 imei's) but as the system says that I have no UID, I can't generate the DevCert (although I have a lot of UID's).

as you can see, all is very confusing !!
    Sincerly,
    Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

The part "created on the new system" is not entirely clear to me: if you created a brand new account now, that would be hard to merge with the old one.
    However your old account is supposed to exist, just the user name has been changed to your e-mail address, as the mails (sent to that address) from the last 2-3 weeks suggested in advance.

When I speak about 'new' and 'old' system, I mean the new and the old interface; I haven't connected since the new interface is online and when I try to connect with the email I used with the previous interface(dominique.hugo#skynet.be), I can't !! therefore, I have re-created, yesterday, a new account with another email address (d.hugo#skynet.be) BUT I want to get my UID's back (either with the previous account or with the new one), here are some UID's assigned to dominique.hugo#skynet.be : 0x20032DF1, 0x2003A0E1, 0xA00044F8, ....

PS: replace # with @ :-)

Domi.
    Last edited by Jeepy; 2011-06-23 at 13:50.
    FExplorer is my baby !

You can login old systems with account id/email.

But in new system you can only use email as the login name.

The new rules have said that accounts with the same email are automatically merged.

So, I think one can never create a new account with the same email as the verified one, let alone the merging.

I CAN'T login anymore with my previous email !! that's what I try to explain ......
    FExplorer is my baby !

What happens if you request a password reset for user "dominique.hugo#skynet.be"?

It was the second thing I had tried, of course :-) :-)

answer : "User not found" in a nice yellow rectangle.

I have tried the other combinations with '#symbiansigned' too without success.

All I want, in a first time is to get/see my UID's back .....

tkx once more,
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

Hi Guys,

I have problem veryfing my account (bitween@bitween.com) I have downloaded the sis file and sign it with my .cer and .key of publisher id and once i upload it it says SIS file invalid, so what's wrong with this ?

Anyway should I complain about the FANTASTIC compelxity that symbian always have compared to ohther plaftfor (imagine which one) APPLE, damm it do yo ustill think that people love to make hard things ? is there a support email or something do yo uhave an idea when all this issue will be sorted out ?

Thanks Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by RobyOne View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have problem veryfing my account (bitween@bitween.com) I have downloaded the sis file and sign it with my .cer and .key of publisher id and once i upload it it says SIS file invalid, so what's wrong with this ?
    One possible cause can be the extension: it has to be .sis (.sisx does not work).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
    It was the second thing I had tried, of course :-) :-)

answer : "User not found" in a nice yellow rectangle.
    That may be bad news... Was your account migrated when Nokia "took over" Symbian Signed? So the migration stuff between December and March, and the late migration wave in April, perhaps May?
    (I tend to remember an older discussion with you about this, but not the details)