I've been trying to add user-selectable autostart functionality to my Qt app and have run into some problems. I'm using Qt Creator 2.2.1 on Windows 7 and Symbian^3 targets: C7, N8, and E7.

I'm using the Knowledge Base article and code snippets at:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Qt_for_Symbian
I know autostart with Qt is a recurring topic in these forums - I've reviewed past threads and hope I haven't missed anything! My current difficulty differs from what I've read:

I have actually been able to build the AutoStartApp example code from the above link by following the instructions verbatim. I can then deploy the signed sis file (using Ovi Suite instead of Qt Creator as has been discussed in previous threads) and it will work. The trouble is that this only seems to work reliably if I first do a clean install of Qt Creator 2.2.1 and then immediately use that Qt Creator to open and build the downloaded AutoStartApp code. Of course that doesn't seem right...

In any projects other than AutoStartApp, if I try to include the s60autostart directory and its associated "glue" (e.g., inclusion of s60launcher.UID3 and s60autostart.pri in the .pro as well as use of the S60AutoStart namespace in my code), then I get the compile error:

ERROR: EPOCROOT must not include a drive letter
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\/E32env.pm line 62.
Compilation failed in require at C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools/bldmake.pl line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools/bldmake.pl line 36.
abld build ARMV5 UREL
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), abld build ARMV5 UREL, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\make.exe[2]: *** [bld_launcher] Error 2
C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\tools\make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `C:/QtProjects/AnotherAutoStartApp/s60autostart/s60launcher'

Moreover, after a certain (unknown) point following attempts at including s60autostart in other applications, I even get the above error when compiling the original (and previously working) AutoStartApp example.

I expect that I'm missing something, but given the simplicity of the example and its accompanying instructions it seems like user-selectable autostart should just work - but it doesn't. I'll devote some more cycles to figuring this out on the weekend, but any insight or help from someone with more autostart experience would be greatly appreciated!

A potentially relevant note:
One of the very few differences between AutoStartApp and the Qt projects for Symbian that I've created and tried to autostart is that Qt Creator 2.2.1 auto-generates and includes deployment.pri (which does not exist in AutoStartApp) - but I'm not sure how the combination of deployment.pri and s60autostart would produce the above compile error...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Evan