Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

would be awesome WRT on WP7

would be awesome if the WRT technology will be ported on WP7, because is not to hard I guess... is an app which will open a special instance of the browser (looks like an app not like the browser in the app list) - and of-course some APIs for accelerometer, GPS, maybe camera for AR apps

the WRT is powerfull because of its simplicity in web developers circle... and if the browser will support flash than I could easily port all of my apps and future apps on WP7

Re: would be awesome WRT on WP7

In case of windows mobile such thing is already their called as 'Tile' which works differently than WRT so inorder to bring WRT to WP7 it will be difficult, better adopt to tiles than waiting for the adoption of WRT

The WP tiles are no icons but also no widgets. They are quite limited to what you can show on them. Basically, you can set the Image and Text -> No interactivity like buttons on the tile!
    Your actual app can be written in HTML5 + some hooks to the OS via javascript. Windows Phone Mango has HTML5 not only in the Browser but also a "Control" which basically renders a local or remote HTML5 site. The control can access the APIs you mentioned via javascript - so I think you got all the bits you need to port your stuff
    No Flash support though.

See here
    Current (WP7 not WP7.5): http://franciscojf.wordpress.com/201...ndows-phone-7/
    Upcoming (WP7.5): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=VS.92).aspx
    Last edited by mithril87; 2011-06-26 at 17:43.

Yes but u can not have these so called wrt on Wp7 to home screen which was the biggest advantage of wrt , else you have bettwr options on Wp7

Nokia Developer Champion

thank you for your answers...

so on WP7 I can make apps with web technology...

now waiting to open for Romania...

until than I continue publishing on OVI... 27apps published and I'm not stopping here...