Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

How to merge SymbianSigned accounts?

Hi,

We have four accounts in our company with pending submissions associated with a particular account.
    One account is now verified with company's Publisher id.
    How to merge them in one to get our submissions?

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Re: How to merge SymbianSigned accounts?

you can send e-mail to symbian.signed@nokia.com to ask them to do the merge for you.

Regular Contributor

Ok, thank you. I'll try that.

It would be better to have dedicated option for that on the site.

Regular Contributor

yes, I cann't agree more. I think they are bad at user requirements analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by inter_fan View Post
    yes, I cann't agree more. I think they are bad at user requirements analysis.
    Have you received the email from nokia symbiansigned?I had send two emails,but none replies.

Regular Contributor

Yes, they transfered all the UIDs for me yesterday, but before that I had been waiting almost 1 week. Maybe they are too busy!!!

We have 2 accounts in our company. One of the account has been successfully verified. Now we want to merge the other one with the verified account. Though I sent request to symbian.signed@nokia.com more than 10 days ago, yet I am yet to receive any reply. I notice that the verified account has country specified as "US", whereas the other account which has to be merged has country name as "United States". This is the only option to select in the website. Can this create any problem merging? I made this country change today, after reading in forums that country name matters a lot now. Should I request again to symbiansigned for the merging request?

Nokia Developer Moderator

I remember reading about country code relevance in various issues related to Symbian Signed but that was with the provios version of the portal. It may or may not have relevance in this particular case.

The accounts are not "merged" but rather the useful information from one of them (for exampe the UIDs assigned to that account) will be transferred to the other one. For this to be done (manually I'm afraid) you must ensure that a) the information in both accounts points to the same company (same @domain.com addresses in both cases, and generally matching info) or, b) if the account info is of such nature that it is not obvious that they belong to the same company/person, your info transfer request should be issued from the email associated with the old account and ask for the info to be transferred to the new one, and not the other way around.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for reply.

Fortunately we have no issues with UIDs, I requested them only from my account which is now fine and verified.

Today the issue with test house list got fixed and we re-submitted lost applications.

Everything looks fine now.

Have a good summer