Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Enter the Create for Millions contest

where you see this info?

Got the info from: create4millions@nokia.com

Quote Originally Posted by falconsag View Post
    So it might be they did notice potential winners already and my app didn't make it :-(.

falconsag: did you asked, or they have sent a message to you?

I asked them. First they said December, and then January..

As per the official Website: "The global winners will be announced in December 2011 (exact date to be announced later on the Contest website). Winner(s) will be awarded with prizes as defined on the Contest website. " http://www.developer.nokia.com/creat...ies40_TC.xhtml

The Nokia East Africa Facebook pages further states regarding Create4Milions: "Winners Announcement: 13th December 2011" http://www.facebook.com/notes/nokia-...41511545884143

They then followed up with this comment "Winners have been picked Simon, they will be notified and the announcement will be made uniformly, globally." http://www.facebook.com/NokiaEastAfr...=share_comment

As per the official contest site - "The global winners will be announced in December 2011 (exact date to be announced later on the Contest website).

If the winners are only to be named in January, then this needs to be updated to the site and no only mentioned in pvt.

@falconsag - Could you get the people who told you January to please update this in public domain.Lets not spread rumors of January if its not mentioned by Nokia in public domain.
    The official website mentions December 2011. So all points to a December announcement and not January. Until Nokia updates officially otherwise.

Although I do believe you might have been told January,lets get this somewhere officially so its not just a rumor. Thanks

ps. Can barely wait to see who wins this year. Hope you guys do well.

A lot of us folks are eagerly awaiting the results to be published in December as stated and it will be great if Nokia publishes the global winner list well before the holidays begin next weekend.

And that will be an awesome holiday gift for the winners from Nokia.
    Last edited by maen; 2011-12-20 at 17:58.

Hi,

Nokia updated https://www.developer.nokia.com/create4millions/
    "Update We are currently judging the entries from the contest. The winners will be announced in January 2012."

Hi,

Nokia updated https://www.developer.nokia.com/create4millions/
    "Update We are currently judging the entries from the contest. The winners will be announced in January 2012."
    hehe now it's official ;-) January it is then... Can barely wait to hear the results.

I thought I'd share some updates regarding some of the great apps that have been winning their local challenges as I don't believe this is being posted anywhere on Nokia's sites. Besides giving these local developers credit for their great accomplishment, I figured others in the global challenge might be interested in some of the competition that has come out of these regions. Of course, this is an unofficial and incomplete list based on what I had seen online before, but feel free to add to it if you have more information.

Congrats to Gener Gabasa with his game "Pharaoh's Tomb" taking 1st place in their regional contest for P50,000 (about ~$1,150 USD it seems)! The news article can be found: here. It appears to be the only winner of this region as the best Series 40 application, but I'm unsure of the exact region as I didn't see Philippines as a region on the create4millions site?

Out of Indonesia's local competition that awarded each winner IDR50000000 (about ~$5,500 USD), we have the following apps (source):
    Best MAP / Location API App: "Toresto" by GITS Indonesia (youtube video)
    Best use of Touch functionality: "Baby Write Number" by konsep.net (youtube video)
    Best Web application: "TransJakarta" by kemasdimas (youtube video)
    Best Indonesia culture application: "Komodo Park" by Dongskar Pedongi (youtube video)

EDIT: Seems the Indonesia winners are on the create 4 millions indonesia site (might have missed it before): http://www.developer.nokia.com/creat...ons/indonesia/ .

Eagerly awaiting more news on the global challenge (hoping they update what the prizes will be beyond 1st place in each category eventually). Keeping my fingers crossed that my entry of "Mystic Maggie Kids Book" (youtube video) makes it into the top 10 of my category. The remaining 2/3 of this month can't come fast enough!
    Last edited by PHDGaming; 2012-01-15 at 21:55.

My anticipation is off the charts now that only 3 business days remain! Haven't heard anything via email yet but I'm still hopeful I will crack the top 10 of my category.

Good luck to everyone in the contest!

Good luck to you too!

What is your applicaton to the contest?

p.s. : are you the team, who ported angry birds?

Re: 'Create for Millions' contest

For those following the create4millions contest on this thread, NokiaDeveloper tweeted that it will be a few more days before the winners are posted: https://twitter.com/#!/nokiadevelope...35509157285888

Can't wait!

Looks like my entry of "Mystic Maggie Kids Book" (youtube video) didn't make the cut. As the first narrated and interactive kids book ever on the platform, had hoped to have made top 10.

Congratulations to the finalists and good luck in the final announcement in Barcelona!

EDIT: As this has likely been read for feedback, there is no need to leave this post text that criticized Nokia's selection. I'd rather their accomplishment not be belittled if people stumble upon this post via a google search (as they have nothing to do with being picked), hence, it has been edited out. PM me if anyone requires the original text and congratulations to the winners in the contest.
    Last edited by PHDGaming; 2012-02-07 at 00:30.