Discussion Board

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Enter the Create for Millions contest

Come on @PHDGaming, was this really necessary??
    Last edited by joaoluisac; 2012-02-02 at 19:21.

Really @PHDGaming? By the way I don't think the apps you posted are in any way superior to the ones that were selected. I think you just felt bad that your's didn't make it which is understandable but doesn't warrant such a nasty rebuttal. And if I am not mistaken, (although I might) didn't you win a cash prize in a previous Nokia competition??? eh?

Quote Originally Posted by smartemwa View Post
    Really @PHDGaming? By the way I don't think the apps you posted are in any way superior to the ones that were selected. I think you just felt bad that your's didn't make it which is understandable but doesn't warrant such a nasty rebuttal. And if I am not mistaken, (although I might) didn't you win a cash prize in a previous Nokia competition??? eh?
    [Removed two lines]

Correct, I won a previous Nokia competition and the below post is not in my personal best interest. As mentioned, I have lost other competitions without complaint before and will surely continue to lose others. However, the below is my opinion and I'll accept it if all it ends up being viewed as is me being a sore loser.
    Last edited by PHDGaming; 2012-02-07 at 00:32.

[Removed post about one the entries regarding its eligibility based on Terms and Conditions for the same reason as my editing of my post located 4 posts back. Anyone who wants the text can PM me, and an admin can feel free to delete this post as it no longer has content.]
    Last edited by PHDGaming; 2012-02-07 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by PHDGaming View Post
    While I am acting as a mouthpiece, there is one more thing I've been asked to point out. In this case, I personally do not wish to cause trouble as I like the developer so I didn't mention it before, but may as well burn more bridges while I'm at it to air grievances. I do not want this entry disqualified, but hope the terms and conditions can be updated and that next time Nokia chooses to follow them.

The contest entry requirements in the terms and conditions state:

In this case, "Formula DB" has been confirmed to not be in English by this tweet (so I don't look stupid if deleted, I've backed up a copy that I can edit in). There may be more as it is difficult to know what is just not available in my region, so again, my personal recommendation is to update the Terms and Conditions.
    This won't make any difference. It will not bring any new app into the finalists list, and I don't think Nokia will change the terms at this point.

That's how things happen.

Steven, you are looking at the other side of the coin now. I must admit that I didn't understand how Edu Duel was a first place winner in CAI 10M, but I remember your reaction when you knew (after not being notified to be a finalist), and I was just happy with you, even without knowing you. I also remember that several finalist apps seemed to be uncompliant with that contest's rules, but although people were pointing it out, nothing changed.

I agree that it is important to bring these things to Nokia's attention, but I would do it in a more general way, without affecting other developers in any way. We are all in the same boat.

There will be more contests, I'm sure.

Best,
    -CarlosDL

It says on the finalists site :
    "Congratulations to all of our finalists on this accomplishment! The global contest winners will be announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain at the end of February."

What is the "Global contest winners" ? I am hearing it for the first time. Would it be different and the ones who have been mentioned are finalists who would be considered for the "global contest winner". And what is the prize for the global contest winners ?
    Is there a site [ preferrably a site from Nokia ] that provides more information about the global contest winners at the MWC ?
    Anybody knows ?

Any update about regional winners announcement? and where I can find any information about cash prices that are going to receive the top 10 winning apps?

Super Contributor

Hi there and welcome!

I will find out the answer to your question and me or somebody else will post an update here.

Enjoy your staying and keep up the good work!

Best Regards,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Any update about regional winners?

Nokia Developer Champion

this thread is old but just seen this, thanks @PHDGaming