Discussion Board

App for turning a smartphone touchscreen into a touchpad for entering mouse data

I have an Idea for an App which would turn a smartphone with a touchscreen into a device for entering/downloading keypad and mouse data into a remote computer and its screen via e.g. Bluetooth. I have applied for a patent for the concept, but lack app building skills. I'm looking for a partner for completing this app idea on a share basis.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: App for turning a smartphone touchscreen into a touchpad for entering mouse data

Some prior art may exist for your patent, like there is at least one open source VNC client (on SourceForge), and I tend to believe that there are Remote Desktop clients too.

Super Contributor

Re: App for turning a smartphone touchscreen into a touchpad for entering mouse data

Hi,

Well in these cases it will be "pat pending", it will take a really good while when patent office manages to go these thru.
    @Anbalagan; if you are seeking a programming partnership in means of building an app, you could post your request to News, Announcements and Job listings section with appropriate contact information on your side.

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Anbalagan View Post
    I have an Idea for an App which would turn a smartphone with a touchscreen into a device for entering/downloading keypad and mouse data into a remote computer and its screen via e.g. Bluetooth. I have applied for a patent for the concept, but lack app building skills. I'm looking for a partner for completing this app idea on a share basis.
    Do you think you invented the wheel? Try to open Ovi Store and type in search bar "remote".
    At first look I found these 3 applications:
    Bluetooth remote control
    Remote Control for PC
    Remoter

Regular Contributor

also, lil grafix tablet has two modes: one is a graphics tablet mode and other is the mouse mode
    http://store.ovi.com/content/114428

Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    Do you think you invented the wheel? Try to open Ovi Store and type in search bar "remote".
    At first look I found these 3 applications:
    Bluetooth remote control
    Remote Control for PC
    Remoter
    Dear Developer 123:
    Thanks for your comment. When it comes to patenting, the filing date, which in this case was rather long ago, is deciding the news issue. Only recently, though, I realized that I'd better ask for help when actually implementing this app, which of course also could be put into a smartphone already at manufacturing.

Best Regards

Anbalagan

Quote Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
    Hi,

Well in these cases it will be "pat pending", it will take a really good while when patent office manages to go these thru.
    @Anbalagan; if you are seeking a programming partnership in means of building an app, you could post your request to News, Announcements and Job listings section with appropriate contact information on your side.

Best,
    Marko
    Hello Marko

Thank you for your nice message. My problem now is just that, being quite an old fashioned "electronics" chap, I am slightly bewildered when it comes to navigate the net. So, please, where do I find News, Announcements with job listing section? At this site or Nokia's main or somewhere e;lse?

Please revert, and thank you

with best regards

Anbalagan

Super Contributor

Gentlemen,

Let's leave the details of this to the patent office to judge and give their response.

In any case, you are free to find out if there are interested platform developers to assist you with the implementation.

You are also free to submit to the Invent With Nokia with your ideas, the direct link to the form and instructions is here:

http://inventwithnokia.nokia.com/How-to-submit

Good luck!

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]