Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Certificates and UID

Hi,

In symbiansign i have 2 UIDs assigned to my account. When i request a developer certificate, BOTH UIDs are valid inside the new .cer? Which one i must use in my application?

I have to upgrade my code to this new and improve system......mmm

I dont see any developer information precise about the changes. Any help appreciate.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Certificates and UID

Both those UIDs are valid and included in the developer certificate. Use one of them for your application and keep the other one for the next one.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Thanks Itomuta,

I have many .exe files inside my .sis.
    I need to also modify the UID that are on the E range? As i have most of them on x2 range. Which UIDs i have to change to the new symbiansign UID? ALL to new UID, only the x2 ones? to match certificates.
    I need more information, as this is a really a mess for coders.

A test can show it: generate a brand new E-range HelloWorld with Carbide.c++ and try to sign it with the devcert. Perhaps do the same with adding some extra capabilities.

As you can see from http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed) there are only two ranges of UIDs suitable for use in public releases: 0x2??????? and 0xA???????. The first category is for Symbian Signed certified applications and the later one is for self-signed applications. For RD work you can use any 0xE??????? range UID but before release that UID must be replaced with one from the other two ranges, corresponding the planned/needed certification.

In your case, you have to replace all your 0xE-range UIDs with 0x2-range ones. Additionally, you have to replace all 0x2-range UIDs with new UIDs which are assigned to you, or have the old ones be transferred to your account (the previous owner must ask for that transfer to be performed).
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite