Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

j2me+Uploading app in ovi store

I had made one application in j2me but not signed and not done any certified process.Now i want to upload it in ovi store.But unfortunately the application is rejected and had below issues:-

ISSUE #1: SUMMARY: The application has not been submitted with a flowchart diagram of the application and/or declaration questionnaire for Java signing. EXPECTED RESULTS: The application must be submitted with a flowchart diagram of the application and declaration questionnaire for Java signing. For more information on Publisher requirements for signing by Nokia, refer to http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml AFFECTED JAVA VERIFIED TEST CRITERIA: Java Verified Test #AC1, #AC2.

I got this link and studied it:-http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distribute/Packaging_and_signing.xhtml

Is this issue is due to that as application is not signed? is signing is necessary to upload the application in ovi store? If it is then how much charge does it have?and how?

Please help me.And answer in detail way Thanks is advance

Super Contributor

Re: j2me+Uploading app in ovi store

Ovi Store will do the signing, but they're asking for you to submit a flowchart of the application architecture, and a document with explanations/answers related to the signing (the "declaration"). Presumably for Ovi Store Java apps, there exists a document template for you to fill out.

Regular Contributor

Thank for the reply!!But i didnt get this statement---" this a document with explanations/answers related to the signing (the "declaration"). "
    can u please explain me in detail

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadseema View Post
    Thank for the reply!!But i didnt get this statement---" this a document with explanations/answers related to the signing (the "declaration"). "
    can u please explain me in detail
    Hi shwetadseema,

This is a link that may help you on getting your J2me applications signed by Ovi: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._signing.xhtml.

In short, this is essentially what you need to do on yourself to ensure your applications are signed.

1. Accept the Ovi Publish latest Terms and Conditions by logging into your Ovi Publish account and checking the box "I agree with the Terms and Conditions". If you are not prompted by such a option, this indicates you have already done so previously and no further action is required for this step.

2. Fill out the Application Declaration Document here in this link: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr...ument_v2.4.pdf

3. Create a workflow diagram describing the application's functionality. This diagram must be in .jpg or .gif format. Here is an example:

4. Once you are ready to upload your content, please upload the Application Declaration Document as well as a workflow diagram to the “Additional Documentation” field in your content item profile. Without these documents, we are unable to sign your application.

5. Allow 5 - 7 days for the operations team to test the app based on Nokia content and store guidelines, specific operator guidelines, and Unified Testing Criteria, available on the Java Verified web site. If it passes, the app will be signed by Nokia and published in Ovi Store.

I hope this clarifies.

Andrew