Discussion Board

Getting Started with Qt Quick Components

Hi,
    I am trying to create application for N8 and N950 using Qt Quick Component
    I have installed Qt SDK 1.1.2 and followed this link http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/07/06/...1-2-harmattan/ to install Qt Components for Symbian
    Now when I create a project I have two option (Harmattan Application and Qt quick application(symbian components)
    Now if I select Qt quick application (symbian components) it creates a new proect, but when I try to deploy the applition on N8 i am getting this message
    module "com.nokia.symbian" is not installed import com.nokia.symbian 1.0
    How do I install this and is there any getting started tutorial for Qt Quick Component.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Getting Started with Qt Quick Components

Install Qt Quick Components 1.0 for symbian^3 device got to Start->All programs->Qt SDK->Symbian^3 Qt 4.7.3->Install Qt Quick Components 1.0 for Symbian^3 Device this will help to install the Qt Quick app on Symbian^3 Device

Thank you somnathbanik, i am able to run the application on device.

when I create a new project its working fine in th device, but if I try to run the demo project flickr and musicplayer from the qt-component folder SDK, i am getting this error message :-1: error: Automatic patching failed at C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\bin\createpackage.pl line 357.

Nokia Developer Champion

there is a similar kind of topic discussed check this http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ect-on-a-phone

i am using the Qt Quick SDK example, and not using any capability, I am surprised why the default example is not running

can anyone please tell me where can i get more examples other then the two default SDK example (flilckr and musiplayer), and any getting started doc . please help me.
    Even i am trying to get the drag-drop option as mentioned in the right side of the page http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/07/06/...1-2-harmattan/
    please guide me, i am new to Qt Quick. can I use the same Qt quick App for Symbian^3 and N950?
    Last edited by v-6; 2011-07-16 at 09:45. Reason: added

Nokia Developer Champion

what more you require?? You can try something and then if you face any problem feel free to post here. As these Qt Quick Components are fairly new, it will take time to get more sample apps on these.

Qt Creator has a great help section and you can directly go into that and take the topic you want.