Discussion Board

Install application based on Symbian version

I have developed an application support both Symbian^1 and Symbian^3. And for each Symbian version, I has one installer. But I just want only one installer. Can I combine these two installer in one smart installer so that I can based on the Symbian version to install the approriated version. Thanks.

Sorry for my bad English.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Install application based on Symbian version

First of all i will ask you why have you made two different installer files?? If your code can handle Screen Resolution changes efficiently and if you have not used any symbian^3 specific APIs, then the single installer should work on both the versions.

Re: Install application based on Symbian version

Hi gaba88,

Actually I used some Symbian^3 specific API, so I can't make the application into one package. I also tried to modify the _template.pkg file but it clears all my modification when I built in Qt. Is there a way to make the qmake don't clear my modification when building.

An extra question, is there any differences when building using Symbian^1 and Symbian^3? Because when building using Symbian^1 target, it can run app on Symbian^3. But when building using Symbian^3 target, it can't run on Symbian^1.

Thanks.