Discussion Board

Tools to Install for Development for a S60 3rd Edition FP1 Devices

Hiya Folks,

I have a couple of older phones that I want to write a couple of small apps for. Most notably, a four year old E90 Communicator. The target devices are S60 3rd Edition FP1 devices. I have an older computer that I want to install the tools on.
    I started to install the S60 FP1 device and Carbide.C++ v1.3. Then I remembered what a hassle they were to use and deal with. I want to see what the newest versions of tools I can squeak by with.

My questions are:
    1. What is the most recent version of the S60 SDK I can use to build for the devices?
    2. What is the most recent version of Carbide I can use to build for the devices?
    3. Aside from the SDK and the IDE, what are suggested tools that I should install to build for the devices.

Thanx
    I Never *Try* Anything.

I Just Do It.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Tools to Install for Development for a S60 3rd Edition FP1 Devices

1. S60 3rd FP1 SDK, available from Resources above, Tools and downloads, Tools archive, S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++
    For the E90 you may want to download the E-Series plugin, Resources above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Tools for Symbian C++ development, and you will see a large table with the plug-ins.

2. Carbide.c++ 2.7

3. You will need Perl 5.6.1 635. Unfortunately it is not available from ActivePerl any more, but you can get some ideas from the related sticky in this (Symbian Tools & SDKs) board. In short: it can be digged out from archive.org, and it is bundled with the latest SDK (Symbian^3)
    For configuring the emulator, you will also need a Java runtime.

Re: Tools to Install for Development for a S60 3rd Edition FP1 Devices

Wizard,

Got everything and verifying installation now.

Thank you for the info.

-V-
    I Never *Try* Anything.

I Just Do It.