Discussion Board

MBanner / MNotification

Hi,

I need to show notifications on lock screen. I searched and found out the class MBanner is for this purpose. (http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta....html#_details)

But, I am unable to use it. I will highly appreciate if you could provide me with some example on how to use it or some other approach in qt / qml to show notification on lock screen.

Super Contributor

Re: MBanner / MNotification

Again, what's you use case? Are you sure you need this level of notification?

Anyway, MNotification is what you are looking for.
    http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/unsta...fications.html
    Also note that this API is deprecated

Hartti

Hi Hartti,

I need to show these notifications at this level only.

I have used mbanner and added the path to the header file in the INCLUDEPATH, but, i am unable to find which is the library for it..

Nokia Developer Moderator

M* classes are generally libmeegotouch, all you need to do is CONFIG += meegotouch to get them (both headers and libraries). Note that MTF Is *deprecated* and is only available as part of the platform API.

Aren't those notifications available through non-deprecated APIs, such as QML or Qt Mobility? Or is it meant that developers should not use or have access to those notifications?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Qt Components is not feature complete, so I would expect them to show up there sooner or later (QtMobility doesn't sound like the right place). Until that, you're of course free to use the MTF version - luckily Notifications and Banners aren't too complex so can be wrapped (and exposed to QML) with little effort.