Discussion Board

Super Contributor

PCMCIA connections

Posted by Chris Parkinson, chris.parkinson@vertisinc.co.uk
    on January 08, 2002 at 15:32

I have managed to get the phone working in my laptop via the PCMCIA slot.

I have read the type library into Delphi and can send and receive messages using my own code - great.

However I would like to know whether there are any specific things I should consider - or types of PCMCIA connectors - that will allow me to attach the card phone to a PC via an external port - i.e., not to have the card embedded in the machine but embedded in something that is connected via some other cable.

I would like to have multiple cards attached to the same PC - not laptop - and would like a pointer as to what would work best.

Super Contributor

RE: PCMCIA connections

Posted by David Purnell, david.purnell@clara.co.uk
    on January 11, 2002 at 16:07

Check out the RS232 download which has a circuit digram.

Super Contributor

RE: PCMCIA connections

Posted by C Shue, shue@mayweb.com.my
    on February 02, 2002 at 21:35

We have an ethernet adapter for Nokia Card Phone 2.0 (and also Nokia Card Phone 1.0). If you are installing multiple cards, this is an easy way to expand as you only have to plug additional adapter into the hub. Another benefit is that you can plug it anywhere on the Local Area Network.

Plus you don't have to spend time to develop on the buffering, retries, errors, network signon, PIN code protection, etc. All is built into the network (ethernet) adapter.