Discussion Board

Post IMEI : Which are the Nokia devices that support system property("com.nokia.mid.imei")

Hi Guys,

I am trying the read IMEI number through my application using system property("com.nokia.mid.imei").Found that ,it work's on some devices,But could not able to conclude which particular series of Nokia phones that support IMEI property.

We have tested the system property on C2-00 (Dual Sim) and C5, with success. However, on C3 & C1 we did not succeed. We find that this system property is supported in most C series of Nokia phones and hence want to validate it for sure

If you have any information on Nokia Device's that read IMEI property or support for system.geProperty("com.nokia.mid.imei") ,please share it across.

Thanks in Advance!

regards,
    Venu.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: IMEI : Which are the Nokia devices that support system property("com.nokia.mid.im

The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) of the device.

Note: From Series 40 3rd Edition FP1 to Series 40 6th Edition FP1, this property is available only in the manufacturer and operator domains. From Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 onwards, this property is available in all domains.

Note: This property is not supported in Nokia SDK 1.0 Beta for Java.

It also works on S60 3rd Edition FP2 onwards

refer: http://library.developer.nokia.com/t...6d%65%69%22%20
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Re: IMEI : Which are the Nokia devices that support system property("com.nokia.mid.im

Which Nokia Series 40 device has Java Runtime 1.0.0 ?

Thanks ! Amit.

I tried testing system property ("com.nokia.mid.imei") on some nokia phones.
    Do you have any idea to test application virtually deploying and testing it , apart from RDA.Because I found out that RDA host Devices which are high in cost.My requirement test is on low end device with GPRS support.

I tested it on latest nokia devices like Nokia C3-00 (Series 40 6th Edition (initial release)) and Nokia 6303i classic ( Series 40 6th Edition (initial release) ) device using signed build too but it does not give IMEI no.
    As per Im2amit post: From Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 onwards, this property is available in all domains.
    This implied me that Nokia Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 already exists so i am asking which device has it? Can the latest series 40 device be upgraded to Java Runtime 1.0.0?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by aaraodeo View Post
    Which Nokia Series 40 device has Java Runtime 1.0.0 ?
    The new Series 40 devices like C2-02 supports Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

There is a device search criteria https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...vaRuntime1.0.0 but that doesnt seem to be working now. Let me check that. But yes, there are devices that supports Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 like C2-02, which I mentioned above.
    Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by aaraodeo View Post
    I tested it on latest nokia devices like Nokia C3-00 (Series 40 6th Edition (initial release)) and Nokia 6303i classic ( Series 40 6th Edition (initial release) ) device using signed build too but it does not give IMEI no.
    As per Im2amit post: From Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 onwards, this property is available in all domains.
    This implied me that Nokia Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 already exists so i am asking which device has it? Can the latest series 40 device be upgraded to Java Runtime 1.0.0?
    Java Runtime on the device can be only upgraded with the firmware upgrade on the device, new S40 devices like C2-02 & C2-03 (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...cations/C2-03/) supports it - you can also search on this URL https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...vaRuntime1.0.0
    This property should work on these new devices.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by im2amit View Post
    Java Runtime on the device can be only upgraded with the firmware upgrade on the device, new S40 devices like C2-02 & C2-03 (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...cations/C2-03/) supports it.
    @im2amit, Do you mean the old Series 40 devices could be updated to the latest Java Runtime and developers can get value of "com.nokia.mid.imei" ?

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    There is a device search criteria https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...vaRuntime1.0.0 but that doesnt seem to be working now. Let me check that.
    Update : The Device Search criteria is working now.

Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

@im2amit, Do you mean the old Series 40 devices could be updated to the latest Java Runtime and developers can get value of "com.nokia.mid.imei" ?

Regards
    Gopal

Yes, if Nokia provides a new firmware for the same - but I wrote this in the sense that - end user or developer cannot do it on its own - say just by installing a new JVM as we do on PC.

The Device Search criteria is working for me and it shows C2-06 also along with C2-02 and C2-03
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Super Contributor

Yes, if Nokia provides a new firmware for the same - but I wrote this in the sense that - end user or developer cannot do it on its own - say just by installing a new JVM as we do on PC.
    That would not be the case as devices like C2-02 are shipping with Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 as mentioned the Device specifications pages.

The Device Search criteria is working for me and it shows C2-06 also along with C2-02 and C2-03
    When I first posted that URL it was not working and later got it fixed.

Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

That would not be the case as devices like C2-02 are shipping with Java Runtime 1.0.0 for Series 40 as mentioned the Device specifications pages.

Regards
    Gopal
    I wrote this with respect to Old Series 40 devices, that the end user's cannot update the Java Runtime version as they can do it on PC - replying to your Query - "@im2amit, Do you mean the old Series 40 devices could be updated to the latest Java Runtime"

And I understand from this thread all C2-02, C2-03 and C2-06 are shipped with Java Runtime 1.0.0 and "com.nokia.mid.imei" should work on these without any upgrade.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Hi Amit,

Do you have any Idea that IMEI support/capture through java application on other vendors mobile device's like sonyerricson,LG,Siemen etc apart from NOKIA,Which allow us to capture device IMEI number?

If you have tested on any above category,please share the device's details.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
    Venu.

Super Contributor

@VENUGOPALMM, Please see this article in our WiKi How to get IMEI in Java ME It mentions how to retrieve IMEI in other devices like Siemens, Samsung, SonyEricsson & Motorola. You may also check in the device manufacturers developer portal also.

Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by VENUGOPALMM@GMAIL.COM View Post
    Hi Amit,

Do you have any Idea that IMEI support/capture through java application on other vendors mobile device's like sonyerricson,LG,Siemen etc apart from NOKIA,Which allow us to capture device IMEI number?

If you have tested on any above category,please share the device's details.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
    Venu.
    For a mix set of devices from different OEM's you can try something like this example code from FN Wiki - http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...MSI_in_Java_ME
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh