Discussion Board

Question What is the difference between QDeclarativeView and QmlApplicationViewer?

Hi,

I've been working on a QML/C++ project for a while. Now I want to start using Qt Components on that project. So I created a new project in Qt Creator with Qt Component support (Harmattan). All I need to do is to copy the code from the existing project and add the needed Components.

However, I ran into a potential problem. I noticed that Qt Creator seems to now use QDeclarativeView instead of QmlApplicationViewer, in which I did my original project. So my question is what is the difference between those two? What should I keep in mind if I attempt to transfer my code from using QmlApplicationViewer to QDeclarativeView?

In my project I'm using QSqlTableModel in the C++ code and in QML I use ListView which uses it as the model. It took me quite a bit of time to figure out how to do this, so I'm a bit worried that this might break.

Thank you for your help.
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: What is the difference between QDeclarativeView and QmlApplicationViewer?

Hello Sasler,

QApplicationViewer is nothing else but an Wrapper over QDeclarativeView , with some additional functions just to help developers, so there is no problem if you use QDeclarativeView instead of QApplicationViewer.

Regards,