Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MeeGo Sharing Framework plugin in Harmattan

I do get the .provider file loaded as the sign-in dialog shows the correct sign-in link with <sign-up-link>XXXXX</sign-up-link> but that's all I can change in that dialog.

Smile Re: MeeGo Sharing Framework plugin in Harmattan

I finally made good progress. I was pointed to a proper framework, i.e. share-ui instead of webupload.

I created a new repo for that one: https://projects.developer.nokia.com/cmdshare

There's a settings plugin (settings -> applications -> command-line sharing) from which you need to enable the plugin and set the command. Then it will be visible, when sharing images from the gallery application.

I just got it to work for the first time, so it's probably still a bit buggy. I would appreciate any testing and feedback with it. Currently it prints something to /tmp/out.txt for debugging purposes.

Also I have a problem with the icons. I've tried adding them now to several different frameworks but I always get just a red square.

Nokia Developer Moderator

red squares? It reminds me a bug which I was facing when I tried to run harmattan components on desktop.
    It was related to the application graphics system IIRC.

Hi all,

Been trying to add a new item to the Share UI menu by looking at examples and half-working pieces of code. So far I have not been able to produce anything in the list.

Basically what I have done is done a pretty much copy of some other plugins I found, like the EmailMethod and CmdShare (by kulve). I've compiled the .so file and placed it in /usr/lib/share-ui/plugins but nothing changes. I've also tried lots of variations in provider and service files but nothing happens. Followed (or tried to follow) all the different advice but just can't get anything visible

Anyone have a clear picture on what is the minimum to get a dummy item to the Share UI? All I need is the plugin to execute another Python executable, which will do the actual sharing. That part is mostly done as at first I created a standalone Python/QML app for that but then I wanted to integrate it to Share UI and not make it even visible in the app launcher.

I added the code to github if anyone has any ideas on what I am doing wrong.
    https://github.com/jaywink/sharetus

Any hints appreciated, thanks!

Br,
    C++ and Qt n00b

You need to have the .desktop file. Otherwise the share-ui don't even try to load your plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by kulve View Post
    You need to have the .desktop file. Otherwise the share-ui don't even try to load your plugin.
    Ah, that sounds "logical" Didn't see that in any of the examples either.

Thanks will try to figure out the format in the file and see if that helps!

You can check from my sources. They are pretty much as simple as it gets (both the settings plugin and the share-ui plugin).

You can check from my sources. They are pretty much as simple as it gets (both the settings plugin and the share-ui plugin).
    I'm sorry, I'm talking nonsense here. The settings plugin needs the .desktop file but for the share-ui plugin I only have the plugin itself.

Reading your code more carefully, you seem to inherit and implement the method part but not the plugin part.

I copied pretty closely the example and I have two classes, one inheriting pluginBase and one inheriting methodBase.

Reading your code more carefully, you seem to inherit and implement the method part but not the plugin part.

I copied pretty closely the example and I have two classes, one inheriting pluginBase and one inheriting methodBase.
    Cool it worked, thanks! Somehow I missed that. As said, I'm a C++ n00b so reading examples without documentation is a bit of a pain That's why I'm making most of my application logic in Python and just the integration to Share UI in C++.

Thanks again!

Somewhat relatedly, and sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone got any pointers to writing an account which provides contact information? I've scrapped the approach I was using for the Harmattan version of Hermes and instead plan on creating a LinkedIn account provider. This would:

• Have an entry in Accounts allowing LinkedIn OAuth
    • Provide contact information (names, URLs, addresses, photos) which should then get auto-merged into Contacts

Is anyone aware of any documentation/examples they could point to?

Thanks in advance

PS. The other bit required from Hermes is a Gravatar app which goes and finds photos for people based on email address. I don't think this is sensible to do the same way, and probably needs to be an app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12