Discussion Board

Audio engine variations

Hello,

Could somebody please confirm the variations in audio engines in Nokia polyphonic phones. ie:

Do the 3510, 3510i and 7210 use the same 4 voice poly engine?

The 7250 seems to use a different 4 voice engine than the 3510 - Similar to the 24 voice 3650 but with fewer instruments. Is this correct?

What of the other poly handsets: 5100, 6100, 6610, 6800, 7250 ? Which do these use? Are there any other variations or poly handsets we should be aware of - (Either currently available or coming soon)?

Thanks,
    Paul

Super Contributor
    Hi,

There's documentation available in Forum Nokia about this issue.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia
    Last edited by enstedt; 2003-12-04 at 07:55.

Hi,

Yes - I am aware of this document but it does not answer my specific questions - I'm not simply asking about the polyphony levels of the phones, it's the actual audio engine, the differences in sounds themselves I am enquiring about. I believe Beatnik supply the 4 voice poly engine for the 3510 & 7210 - Which is markedly different to the 7250 (also 4 voice polyphony). I am trying to check for testing purposes which phones use what.

Thanks,
    Paul

Number of midi cords in Nokia 3650

The document posted by Nokia Expert does not exist. If you click the link, you only get a message that th document has 'expired'. Will someone repost it please?