Discussion Board

SDK online and offline + JCompass

Hi,

I downloaded Nokia SDK 1 from http://www.developer.nokia.com/create4millions/

There are 2 versions - 1 online and 1 offline. I did not see anywhere what are the differences between the 2 distributions. Does anybody know what the differences are?

I installed the online version.

I could run a test of MIDlet.

I am even running Drumkit.

I wanted to check that for Nokia SDK 1 there is only 1 possible emulator? or are there others?

I have problems with JCompass http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...Code_examples/
    I could not run it. When I run the midlet it tells me Invalid Application Delete? JCompass deals with map and I could not find ovi maps installed. How do I do that? Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Christelle

Super Contributor

Re: SDK online and offline + JCompass

Quote Originally Posted by mobilesenegal View Post
    I wanted to check that for Nokia SDK 1 there is only 1 possible emulator? or are there others?
    Hi mobilesenegal, Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!!

If I remember correctly, yes, Nokia SDK for Java does have only one emulator with X3-02 skin, you can change the skin colours though.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilesenegal View Post
    I have problems with JCompass http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...Code_examples/
    I could not run it. When I run the midlet it tells me Invalid Application Delete? JCompass deals with map and I could not find ovi maps installed. How do I do that? Any idea what the problem could be?
    I have tried JCompass some time back and it worked fine for me, if we both are talking about the same app, it doesnt require any Ovi Maps API's.
    "Invalid Application Delete?" error could be of multiple reasons, Pls check if the JAD/ Manifest entries are proper and they match each other.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Online installer is usually small program which downloads the needed installation files during the installation process. With offline installer you download everything first to your computer and install it "offline".
    You end up installing the same tools with both installers - with online installer you can start the installation faster and might end up downloading less stuff, if you do not install all the features.

Hartti

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    I have tried JCompass some time back and it worked fine for me, if we both are talking about the same app, it doesnt require any Ovi Maps API's.
    "Invalid Application Delete?" error could be of multiple reasons, Pls check if the JAD/ Manifest entries are proper and they match each other.
    Hi,

I generated the packages again and the application is running.

I get the following error message. I am running this app on the Nokia SDK 1. I do not see where I can create landmarks on the emulator.

Thanks

Christelle

canvas touch enabled: false
    width:240
    height:240
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.nokia.example.compass.LandmarkManager.getLandmarks(+44)
    at com.nokia.example.compass.views.CompassView.refreshLandmarks(+16)
    at com.nokia.example.compass.views.CompassView.<init>(+105)
    at com.nokia.example.compass.CompassMidlet.startApp(+48)
    at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletProxy.startApp(+7)
    null
    null
    null

Super Contributor

Can you pls try in real device with on board GPS ? I dont think you can create Landmarks in the emulator, but just fyi, Route Editor is available(Launch emulator > Tools > Route Editor ) Route Editor cannot help the JCompass app.

Regards
    Gopal