Discussion Board

Confused about the package naming policy for Harmattan

According to "MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Applications", the package name must
    "consist of only lower case letters (a–z), digits (0–9), plus (+) or minus (–) signs, and periods (.)"

This would mean that the only allowed format is "myapplication.1.0.deb", but the guide goes on and give "myapplication_1.0_armel.deb" as an example. Is underscore (_) allowed or not?

This might sound like a no biggy, but I actually got an app rejected for this kind of stuff

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Confused about the package naming policy for Harmattan

I do not have first hand information, but I would follow the rule and assume that there is a mistake/typo in the in the examples.

A little off-topic: I was trying to find the guide, but it seems that it is currently unavailable. Could be that it is been updated as we speak.

Hartti

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Confused about the package naming policy for Harmattan

Quote Originally Posted by tube42 View Post
    According to "MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Applications", the package name must
    "consist of only lower case letters (a–z), digits (0–9), plus (+) or minus (–) signs, and periods (.)"

This would mean that the only allowed format is "myapplication.1.0.deb", but the guide goes on and give "myapplication_1.0_armel.deb" as an example. Is underscore (_) allowed or not?

This might sound like a no biggy, but I actually got an app rejected for this kind of stuff
    Hi tube42,

The package file name must include the application name followed by a three-digit version number, for example, myapplication_1.0.1.deb. The name must start with an alphanumeric character, letters must be lower case only, and the version number must be separated by periods. Only the following characters are allowed: (0-9), (+), (-) (.), and (_).

Underscore is allowed, just not in the version part. For the version part “[major-#].[minor-#].[micro-#] is used, where [major-#] is mandatory. #.#.# or #.# or #, where # is string {0–9}, <50 characters.

I hope this helps.

Andrew