Discussion Board

Symbian Signed Dev Cert Won't Sign My Theme

Hello,

I would like to Open Symbian Sign a theme (.sis) file so that I can test it on a handset. I have downloaded the Developer Certificate from the Symbian Signed site. I have then packaged the .sis file using the Developer Certificate and uploaded it. I then had an e-mail with the following statement, "Your submission has too many certificates within. Found: 1, allowed: 0." What do I do? Do I simply zip the .sis, certificate and key files up and upload them?

Also, is there a dedicated Symbian Signed Support service from Nokia? Or is it just the forums that we have to rely on for assistance?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Fonestarz

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Symbian Signed Dev Cert Won't Sign My Theme

The result you got after using the devcert is what you can directly install on your device. It does not have to be uploaded anywhere, that is the purpose of the developer certificate.

Hi wizard_hu_

I don't quite understand. Do I package the theme using the Development Certificate? Or do I put the Development Certificate on the device?

Thanks,

Fonestarz

The developer certificate replaces the old Open Signed Online service. You sign the .sis file yourself and install it on the device. Do not send it anywhere.
    Both your own words ("I have then packaged the .sis file using the Developer Certificate") and the error message ("Your submission has too many certificates within. Found: 1") suggest that you have successfully applied the developer certificate. Now you can simply install it (your theme) on your device.

Yes, now I see - you don't need to upload the file at all, you just package it with the dev cert and key and put it straight into the device.

The Symbian Signed site is misleading. There is an option to "Upload SIS file for Signing" directly above the "Download Developer Certificate" option.

Thanks wizard_hu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonestarz View Post
    The Symbian Signed site is misleading. There is an option to "Upload SIS file for Signing" directly above the "Download Developer Certificate" option.
    Yes, you are right. This flaw has been pointed out a couple times already, but nothing happened.