Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy How to sign sis file online

Hi to all,
    Hope you all will be fine. I developed an application but now i want to sign it. Right now i want that my application is sign online because i just want to check calling functionality. I went to this site

created account but when i give IMEI number and try to submit sis file then it says

No IMEIs have been specified in Development Certificate
    How can i sign my application online. Please help.
    Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to sign sis file online

Calling functionality requires capability 'Network Services' which is included in self signing as provided in Carbide.c++ , so you do not need to sign the application online, until and unless the application requires any capability which is not included in self signed cert.

Regular Contributor

Hmm i tried with self signing, but it wasn't installing on the phone. Anyways i have signed the application with online sign again IMEI number. Now i want ant to ask this signing is for particular handset. If i want that everyone has authority to download this application , Like i put it on OVI store so anyone can access it, then what is the procedure for it.

Thank you.

Nokia Developer Champion

You will have to do express signing of your project.
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...xpress_signing

Nokia Developer Moderator

For distribution in the Ovi Store you can join the Ovi Publisher programme. It has a single time 1-EUR registration fee, and after that they test, sign (equivalent to Express Signed) and put your content to Ovi Store for free.
    Read the items from Distribute "menu" above.

Anyway, NetworkServices is a user grantable capability, and it should also work with your developer certificate from Symbian Signed. By the way, that send field is a bit questionable, you may have more success with specifying your IMEI, download the developer certificate, and use that one for signing your application with Carbide.c++ (you can configure the SIS builder to use the .cer and .key files you get from the site).

What kind of error you got when installing the self-signed version?