Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Ovi Store Client Beta available for the N950

Same here in India, I checked all categories and was not able to find AduaVilla.it.

Regards
    Gopal

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    MilhouseVH

I cannot find the AduaVilla.it application on my device. So there is some filtering going on. Could be that the app developer has decided to offer his application for certain users/regions/areas you are in but I am not in. Or could be that filtering is somehow flawed.

Hartti
    Hi Hartii. That sounds promising.

My device is setup for Language: United Kingdom, Regional format: United Kingdom if that is of any use, perhaps this is "Global" and I'm seeing everything?

For instance I'm also seeing apps in Spanish, Costa Rican and a whole bunch of other languages I'm not qualified to identify. To see them yourself (or not, as the case may be) go to Home -> All Applications, then scroll all the way to the end of the list. For example, "Ciclismo a fondo noticias" [Applications > Sports] with the yellow bicycle icon looks to be Spanish to me, with another Spanish app directly above it - "CachosNativos" [Applications > Entertainment] - and then above that, we have "Videos Siquirrenos" [Applications > Entertainment] which appears to be something to do with Costa Rican videos... Above that there is another Spanish app, then there is "Blog-actus-E7" which is in French.

Given the choice, I'd rather these non-English apps filtered out, so if that's what is supposed to be happening (but isn't) then I guess it's a bug (any idea if we raise that in the normal way, ie. in developer.nokia.com?)

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    Same here in India, I checked all categories and was not able to find AduaVilla.it.

Regards
    Gopal
    Very strange.

Even going into specific categories, ie. Categories -> Applications -> Entertainment, I can scroll two screens down and then I've got "Cancun Foros.com - El Blog" which looks like a Spanish app (possibly of the Mexican variety). Below that, I've got "Le blog de Mister Game" (French).

My Categories -> Applications -> Entertainment list of apps is...

Code:
    <several English apps>
    Quotes of Love (English)
    macleanworld (English)
    CABLOG (English)
    Make Believe Ideas (English)
    Cancun Foros.com - El Blog (Spanish/Mexican)
    Le blog de Mister Game (French)
    OJ Reviews Portal (English)
    <more apps>
    Do I have any in-app settings for Store, or options I can twiddle with in Settings (other than language/region) that that I may have missed and would alter the behaviour of the Store app?

I'm using a T-Mobile UK SIM in case that's another data point.

Being signed in to the store makes no difference either way, apps remain unfiltered.

Super Contributor

Cannot see any of the apps you mention.

Do not know what would be the best way to raise an issue on this. And I am still not sure what the issue is. Could be that some of the app publishers publishing the app for incorrect regions. Or could be something else.

Hartti

Cannot see any of the apps you mention.

Do not know what would be the best way to raise an issue on this. And I am still not sure what the issue is. Could be that some of the app publishers publishing the app for incorrect regions. Or could be something else.

Hartti
    OK, guess we can wait and see if anyone else is similarly affected. Maybe someone from the Store team will be able to shed some light if/when they get some time.

I wonder if we could be connecting to different regional servers (you in the US, Gopal in APAC, me in Europe and the servers have different app lists?) Or it's a device setting that's gone awry on my device (it's pretty much stock!)

Hi,

After I updated the application cannot connect to the store. Here's the message:

There was a problem opening requested page. Either a connection problem occurred or the page is taking longer than usual to open.

The connection to internet is active, somehow the new version of the Store is not working properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Note, that these are total guesses - I do not have any detailed information about the client. But I think you need to provide a few more details.

You are running the 22-6 firmware version of the device (N950), right?
    Have you tried rebooting?
    Are you using WLAN or cellular connectivity? (Could you please specify the operator) Could you try the other way one as well?
    Which country you are in?

Hartti

Note, that these are total guesses - I do not have any detailed information about the client. But I think you need to provide a few more details.

You are running the 22-6 firmware version of the device (N950), right?
    Have you tried rebooting?
    Are you using WLAN or cellular connectivity? (Could you please specify the operator) Could you try the other way one as well?
    Which country you are in?

Hartti
    Hi Hartti,

I'm running 10.2011.28-4_PR_RM680.

Funny thing, now the store is loading but I see less applications compared with yesterday. When I am going to Applications -> Top free there is no application in the list (yesterday the list contained different applications).

All of the applications appear twice, one time free and one time with price displayed.

My operator is M1 Singapore and I'm in Singapore.

Cheers,
    Alin

Super Contributor

Ok, you are running a different version of the firmware than what the Ovi Store beta client was built for and tested on. Apparently you got the device directly from someone in Nokia and you should contact that person for troubleshooting.

Hartti

Does anybody has a solution as to why ovi store client update does not appear on n950 device even after manual refresh in settings?
    i am running v1.2011.22-6_pr_rm680

Super Contributor

@bhairavpardiwala , Can you pls try restarting the device > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Lower bottom > Updates tab > click refresh icon on top right. It worked for me.

Which operator are you using ? Have you tried may be in Wifi ?

Regards
    Gopal

Tried doing all that but to no avail
    am already trying update through wifi

Quote Originally Posted by lkraav View Post
    is there any information out there what do when the update throbber just keeps spinning and nothing happens? phone drops wifi after a bit, so it's safe to assume there's no traffic being sent through update client. phone is freshly rebooted.
    so after seeing Updater was refusing to even display installed packages today with a "No Software Installations" lulz-message, I rebooted the phone, did not enter a PIN, connected with wifi, pressed "check for updates" and Ovi Store client update actually did show up. and it works.

except that when I actually go to purchase something, I get thrown to signing in with Nokia Account, which i *still* cannot do. nor can I register a new account. /usr/lib/AccountSetup/bin/oviplugin is somehow able to check for existing e-mail addresses, but trying to log in or create throws an immediate "Service currently unavailable" message, regardless of what password I enter.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=234, reported about 40 days ago. there are other developers also having this issue.

The Store client doesn't work well with the account manager on my device... I have experienced two scenarios:
    1) After installing the client, my facebook app complained about account info missing. I had to delete then re-added the fb account.
    2) I accidentally clicked the "Forgot password" link in the Store client. It invoked the account manager page but after that the client went bad and I couldn't download stuffs nor see "My Stuff" page.

Also I would like to see two features in the client:
    1) Uninstall directly from the client... the package manager is too deep in the setting menu.
    2) Have an option to remember my password, or at least get-rid of the login step for downloading free content.

EDIT: After using it for a while, I realized it does eventually remember the account info. And now it works more harmonic with the account manager. Hope this interaction with account manager issue will be improved in the release fw.
    Last edited by sonyfever; 2011-08-19 at 02:38.

Ok found out what the problem was
    1)store refuse to appear as an update as long as phone was connected to wifi
    it appeared immediately as i switched over to updating through normal 3g connection