Discussion Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ovi Store Client Beta available for the N950

Woah, none of the issues reported in here sound good at all.
    Hope it's coming along Nokia?!?
    Looking forward to a far better launch w/the N9, than the N900.

I realize the latter was never really meant to be your true consumer/mass-market ph.
    "Step 5 of 6" etc....
    So hopefully the N9's release is far more polished...
    And ready to get some kind of traction, despite Elop's best efforts to ensure it won't.

One possibility why Ovi Store client does not work for some is due to how accounts subsystem is storing your credentials. Accounts are using your SIM card's PIN code if available to key secure storage with. It is capable to remember seven SIM cards and therefore have eight (plus one without SIM card) separate storages for accounts. If you have created your Ovi account without SIM card inserted, it will be accessible without the SIM card. If you created it with SIM card inserted, it will not be accessible without SIM card, you'll need to re-enter credentials again.

Now, there might be implementation issue with package manager client itself which does not take this feature of Accounts into account, so to say. It also looks like occasionally it doesn't get properly listed all previously installed additional applications which points into direction of Package Manager. To me this happened few times before and after installing updated Ovi Store client (as there is client and then Ovi repository provider for Package Manager) so I guess it is issue with Package Manager's code.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfever View Post
    Also I would like to see two features in the client:
    1) Uninstall directly from the client... the package manager is too deep in the setting menu.
    You can uninstall application directly from application menu by long pressing the icon and then clicking small "X" on top of the application icon.

Quote Originally Posted by bokovoy View Post
    One possibility why Ovi Store client does not work for some is due to how accounts subsystem is storing your credentials. Accounts are using your SIM card's PIN code if available to key secure storage with. It is capable to remember seven SIM cards and therefore have eight (plus one without SIM card) separate storages for accounts. If you have created your Ovi account without SIM card inserted, it will be accessible without the SIM card. If you created it with SIM card inserted, it will not be accessible without SIM card, you'll need to re-enter credentials again.
    mkay interesting. any ideas how to reset accounts to complete zero?

$ mv .accounts/ .accounts/.bak
    mv: can't rename '.accounts/': Invalid argument

Quote Originally Posted by lkraav View Post
    mkay interesting. any ideas how to reset accounts to complete zero?

$ mv .accounts/ .accounts/.bak
    mv: can't rename '.accounts/': Invalid argument
    I think it doesn't work because you're trying to move the account folder into itself. Try doing
    Code:
    mv .accounts .accounts-backup
    Then restart your phone. That did at least work with me, and removed all my accounts, but it did not solve the problem with connecting to the Nokia account. I still get the "Service currently unavailable" message.

I'm thinking this has to do with the SSL certificates since I'm also affected by being unable to log on to forum.meego.com, but I'm not sure. As well, there are some .pem files (SSL certificates) stored in the backup I made, so I guess that it could explain why this is only a problem after restoring backups.
    However, maybe someone here knows why I'm unable to delete the files under /etc/ssl? I get a permission denied message, and ls -l tells me that the folder is owned by aegisfs in the group crypto. I'm guessing I'm not allowed to tamper with this directory because of aegis, but are there any ways to override aegis on this?

I was hoping that if I cleaned out that directory, it would reset all (hopefully non-vital) certificates and let me log into my Nokia account again to use the store. I'm trying to avoid a re-flash since the last one almost bricked the device.

EDIT: Just read from this documentation that it should be possible to modify the user certificates through the Settings > Security > Certificates menu, but on my device none are listed. Could someone who are able to log onto their Nokia account post whether they have any user certificates or not (click the menu button and show only user certificates)?

I'm starting to think that removing all the certificates is not such a good idea after all, since they are supposed to be protected not to be tampered with...
    Last edited by sdragly; 2011-08-16 at 01:46.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ronanmac View Post
    Most of the available applications will work on your N950 and existing publicly available firmware (1.2011.22-6). However, there are a few applications in OVI Store that are created with newer pre-production SDK that may fail to install in your device for now. These applications will work also on your device after we have the next SW update available (no dates mentioned here, sorry). If a downloaded application does not install, your download history in Ovi Store means that once you have the newer firmware you can download/install the application.

So, start submitting apps for the Ovi Store - share your work; users, start downloading applications and try them out - give the developers (and us) feedback.

Enjoy!

The N9 (and N950) team.
    OVI Store on Nokia n950 looks good.

But as your said, some of their app dont install on n950 and giving error "Unable to trace installation package of dependieces" because of old version of software update. But as according you, it will start working after new software update for nokia n950.

Do you have any idea when new software update for n950 will release?

Thanks.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Hi all,

I want to reply on the matter of SEEING NON ENGLISH APPS on ENGLISH DEVICES.

I really wish if someone at OVI Store (or Nokia Store) reading this would take this into consideration:
    There would be a case for Non-native nokia user working aboard for a very long time of period, and being able to download the apps in this nokia user native language is a great plus.

Let me give an example:
    1. Spanish speaking person working in non-spanish country (i.e Japan, USA, Singapore).
    2. Chinese speaking person working in non-chinese country (i.e USA, UK, BRAZIL).
    and many more.

If nokia want to put some filter, I would be appreciate that nokia-user would be able to turn-on/turn-off the filter.

Thank you for reading my input.

Thanks.