Discussion Board

Unintentional editing and how to deal with it

Hello

I was casually playing with the distribution screen yesterday after receiving news via email that "Vertu Constellation T tested with latest FW is added to the device distribution as compatible for [my] content"

I did not intend to change anything and I certainly did not click any [Edit] or [Save] or whatever button, but now my content shows with status "QA Overview" = "Editing (QA halted)".

My questions are:
    - how can I undo/rollback my unintentional changes?
    - is there any impact if I leave my content in this status? For example, does it mean that new devices will not get automatically added to my distribution list?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    sergiogiogio

Super Contributor

Re: Unintentional editing and how to deal with it

Is your application already published ? I doubt there is an option to rollback changes.

Pls ensure that all the distribution countries and devices are proper and there are no entries missing. Also ensure that the content item has been locked, so that QA team can process it.

Regards
    Gopal

This problem has happened to me as well.

You have to be very careful when checking your distribution list, I never check this when my app is in QA testing, because this can happen and then you are back to the end of the QA queue.

If your app is already published, then I would either leave in this state until you need to update the device list, or press "submit to QA" and add a note (or email ovi publish) to say "no change accidentally edited".

This is a defect in the OVI publisher web interface, Gopal can you raise a defect on this?

BTW what web browser are you using?, I always use firefox, maybe that is part of the issue?.

Thanks for both your replies.

I am using Opera (11.5 Windows XP) and my content is indeed already published. I submitted the changes to QA and sent a note to ovi publish.

I agree that the interface could be improved to not allow any edit unless we click the [Edit] button (it is already the case in most screens), and to include an [Undo] button after the [Edit] button is clicked.

sergiogiogio

+1

Firefox browser on linux/win32 platforms. There were several times I want
    to see some conent details and editing begins without my intention.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello all,

There have been reports where clicking on the expand button or mousing over the distribution list in the [content file] >> [distribution] page leads to the content item being removed from the QA process. It appears that this particular page is rather sensitive and assumes that a publisher means to edit his distribution.

If such a case occurs, I advise you to shoot an email to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and we will request the operations team to move your item back to your original spot in the QA queue.

To be safe, if you wish to view your content's distribution, please click the QA details at the top left of your content file profile to see the list of countries, devices, and languages added (or unchecked). I apologize for the need to take such efforts in order to review your content item settings and hope it does not create too much of an inconvenience to our publishers.

Andrew