Discussion Board

j2me photo album application

Please friends i need your help in my project research on java ME. My topic is to create a j2me photo album application that contains 20 images which u can scroll through. Each image would have a tag describing what is going on in the pic. Please someone save me with the source code. I promise I would credit it all to you in my report.(i don't care what my supervisor would say) and would send you a copy of the project once I have defended it. Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: j2me photo album application

Quote Originally Posted by theudrah View Post
    Please friends i need your help in my project research on java ME. My topic is to create a j2me photo album application that contains 20 images which u can scroll through. Each image would have a tag describing what is going on in the pic. Please someone save me with the source code. I promise I would credit it all to you in my report.(i don't care what my supervisor would say) and would send you a copy of the project once I have defended it. Thanks
    You can refer to Nokia developers wiki example -- http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ges_in_Java_ME
    Place the 20 images in the jar of your application itself, use the above codelet to make them available 1 by 1 as user scrolls them like a flip album - also store the matching tags in the jar in a txt files and paint the txt on the screen with the matching image sequence.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Super Contributor

@theudrah, Also ensure that the size of the images you use are optimal so that it wont exceed the JAR size limit in certain devices (for eg:Series 40 6th Edition, Feature Pack 1 devices does have the Max Jar size limit of 2MB )
    Here is an article on How to reduce Jar size http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...educe_JAR_Size
    Another article on How to optimize PNGs to reduce JAR size

Regards
    Gopal

i am so grateful guys, for your time spent in pointing me to the right directions. I am making quite some progress. Would post anymore difficulties i encounter. Thanks a million guys

Super Contributor

@theudrah, All the Best with your Project !

Regards
    Gopal

it is just too complex for me. With so many errors. Please guys could someone just help me with a simple j2me image viewer application with like 20 images inside. Scrollable and exitable. Thank you. And pls i need it to also be compatible for blackberry.

Super Contributor

Have you tried "Adding a sliding effect to Images in Java ME"? The URL also have sourcecode in it. If you modify the code little bit you will be able to achieve JavaME image viewer.

Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by im2amit View Post
    You can refer to Nokia developers wiki example -- http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ges_in_Java_ME
    Place the 20 images in the jar of your application itself, use the above codelet to make them available 1 by 1 as user scrolls them like a flip album - also store the matching tags in the jar in a txt files and paint the txt on the screen with the matching image sequence.
    Did you try this.... you are stuck at which step ?
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps