Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Verify Account to help others in

hi

i receive my cer key file on www.symbiansigned.com site and with this signed many program But don’t Install . error Constrained by the certificate? why ? How can I sign this?

thank

Nokia Developer Moderator

What kind of capabilities are you trying to use in the packet ?

hi

I recived my phone's cer-key from www.symbiansigned.com and signed some different applications, but They were not installed and displayed "Unable to Install. Constrained by the certificate" error. why this occurred?
    How should I sign applications which developed by others?

What application is it ? how did you make it ? and if you really made it, then please do specify what capabilities are you using in it ? Also is the UID used in the application reserved for you in the Symbian signed account you are using ?

hi

I've taken the program from the Internet
    name program : DivXPlayer.sis
    upload : http://www.uploadic.com/9hh7a3ay4aci

check the site: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed it says that ...development certificate associated with application UIDs also. .. meaning that you would need to change the UID of that app, before you can use developer certificate for signing it.

hi

I entered UID of "Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 3.2" application in "Manage UIDs" section, but it doesn't accept. Why this occurred?
    How should I enter the UID?
    Should I verify my account for this?
    UID of Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 3.2 = 0x20001F63

&

I registered in www.symbiansigned.com but I didn't verify it. After submitting my phone's IMEI, I received the cer-key and successfully signed and installed 2 applications named "DivX Player" and "X-plore S60 3rd+5th ed 1.51". But this doesn't work for some others applications like "Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 3.2" and "VibraConnect v2.1.13" and this error appeared: "Unable to Install. Constrained by the certificate".
    2 questions:
    1. If I verify my account, can I do this?
    2. If there are any difference in received cer-key, before and after verifying account?
    Last edited by asa3; 2011-08-23 at 15:54.

hi

I registered in www.symbiansigned.com but I didn't verify it. After submitting my phone's IMEI, I received the cer-key and successfully signed and installed 2 applications named "DivX Player" and "X-plore S60 3rd+5th ed 1.51". But this doesn't work for some others applications like "Nokia Ovi Maps 3.01 3.2" and "VibraConnect v2.1.13" and this error appeared: "Unable to Install. Constrained by the certificate".
    2 questions:
    1. If I verify my account, can I do this?
    2. If there are any difference in received cer-key, before and after verifying account?

Please re-read what has been said. Your developer certificate is constrained by Application UID as well as capabilities. Anyway, you should not have any need to re-signing anybody elses sis files, simply contact the original author and ask for help on getting the original signed versions of the applications.

UID is not something you enter to Symbian Signed, it is something you get from Symbian Signed. The entire story is about that you can sign your own protected applications only. If you suddenly get your account verified, you will still be able to sign applications containing your UID-s only.

PS: test/development UID-s are not owned by anyone, the applications you can sign are most likely using such UID-s.

hi

What should I do for signing and install(with using cer-key in www.symbiansigned.com) some applications which developed by others likes X-plore, Core player or brightlight?

In other words, I need a cer-key to signing and installing some downloaded applications.

If I verify my account, Can I do this or No?

you should ask the original developer to sign the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by asa3 View Post
    In other words, I need a cer-key to signing and installing some downloaded applications.

If I verify my account, Can I do this or No?
    No, as it has been said already, the restriction does not depend on being the account verified or not.

Thumbs up Re: Verify Account to help others in

Hi,

If I verify my account in www.symbiansigned.com, Can I sign and install LCGJukebox application with received cer-key from that?

Please check the docs for the changes made in symbian signed during June. This means that with developer certificates, you can only sign applications which are using UID specified in the developer certificate, as well as you can only install the signed files into the devices specified by the IMEIs in the developer certificate.

So you can not sign other developers sis files with your developer certificate, and verifying the account would not help at all. Thus ask the original developer to sign the app, or see whether you can find source codes and then modify the UID.